1.    #1  
    Could the PPC 6700(or any WM5 pda/phone with a camera) software be ported to a WM5 Treo and take pictures? I ask this because I saw the camera software for the 6700 and it was much better than the one Treo has and I had a HP RX 3417 that also had a very good camera software but that was WM 2003 SE. So yeah any ideas where I can get the software? Thank you.
    I think you're the first to suggest the 6700's camera software is not only better than the 700wx but somehow...good! lol

You're best bet is to head over to ATEKSoft, developer of the standalone camera application called CoolCamera and ask them to add support for the Treo 700w/wx.
    http://www.ateksoft.com/

In fact, that's really your only choice here. There is not going to be any port of the 6700s software over--I would think they are highly incompatible. Plus having an active 3rd party developer would result in a much better product.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Really? That is the only choice?
    I ask this because I like how the 6700 and my hp I use have had a camera software that was full screen, hell I think the software on the 650 was a little better as that took up a good portion of the screen. But, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Really? That is the only choice?
    I ask this because I like how the 6700 and my hp I use have had a camera software that was full screen, hell I think the software on the 650 was a little better as that took up a good portion of the screen. But, thank you.
    yeah, they did that "small screen" on the 700wx to save processing power...so it's a faster "viewfinder".

CoolCamera was awesome on the 6700 as you could even configure that aspect as well as all the bells and whistles (buttons, framerates, aspect, "night mode", web cam, etc.).

I posted a request in their forum (ATEKsoft). We'll see.

5.    #5  
    Yeah I noticed that, thank you. I guess coming from a Treo 650 and a HP with camera before that, where they both had a camera viewfinder on a larger screen that was fast, and easier imo to use.
  6.    #6  
    bump
    what bump? there's nothing more to say.

If anyone wants a better camera, petition ATEKSoft who makes amazing 3rd party WM5 camera software to support it.

Here's the link for the post for others if they want it:
    http://www.ateksoft.com/phpBB/viewto...0becbcf8d09a0f

This isn't going to happen by magic, if other people want it show that you want it and post a request to the developer. Plain and simple.

8.    #8  
    Well I thought maybe someone knew how to get the 6700 camera software on the Treo my bad?