1.    #1  
    Boy, now that I have the wifi working well on the 700wx, sure would be nice to use VOIP Wonder if anyone is working on a WM5 solution that will actually work from the phone rather than using the phone as a modem(Skype).
    Skype can use your wifi connection to make calls. Do you mean to use, say, a VONAGE modem and use your treo as a vonage phone? I don't even know if that's possible
    You know you can Skype even over EVDO. You dont need WIFI even.

Surur
  4.    #4  
    I mean a client that runs on the phone without a PC at all. Does skype work that way?
    Yes it runs on your phone. No pc involved. I used it last night and can vouch that it works well over EVDO. I'm sure it will work fine over wifi also.
  6.    #6  
    Cool, will try it out. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    You know you can Skype even over EVDO. You dont need WIFI even.

Surur
    Is there a way for skype to not use speakerphone, i.e. get the callers voice on the earpiece?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch75 View Post
    Is there a way for skype to not use speakerphone, i.e. get the callers voice on the earpiece?
    Unfortunately this is a long standing problem, which I have not heard being solved yet. Other people tend to use their wired or bluetooth headset to solve the issue.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes it runs on your phone. No pc involved. I used it last night and can vouch that it works well over EVDO. I'm sure it will work fine over wifi also.
    when you say it works well, are you able to make both skype to skype calls and skype out calls to regular phones? If the latter is correct then why do we need a voice plan at all or have a minimal one?

Are you saying with skype on the wx you can get the voice on the BT headset now?

i have read elsewhere on this forum that Skype doesnt work well on a 312 processor and needs atleast 416 or 400 . Is that incorrect?
    When I tested it I dialed out to my vzw cell phone number. It wasn't skype to skype. As far as why do you need a voice plan? Good question. Doesn't Sprint, VZW etc require a voice plan?

There is a specific version of Skype for 312Mhz processors. That's what I installed. Others claim that the Skype beta works just as well.