1.    #1  
    Hi,

I currently have the 700p(sprint) and was thinking about switching to the wx, but wanted to know if it has the option where you can Force Broadband(EVDO only) like the 700p does? I've been searching but haven't found the answer yet?

Thanks
    I have a 700p on Verizon. You can force Broadband? How?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Doesn't that block text messages from coming through? I'd do that to avoid it switching to 1X (which it hasn't done in a few days), but I need my SMS
    SMS is not blocked if you switch to EV-DO only. Does your phone switch to 1x, or have to connect to the network, every time you receive a text message?

I know my phone always prefers EV over 1x, regardless of signal strength, which I found interesting. If you switch your phone to EV only, every time EV is not available, you will have nothing. And it will try to connect every time it wants to check for mail, etc. That sounds like a nightmare, and a battery hog also. What would the benefit be for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    SMS is not blocked if you switch to EV-DO only. Does your phone switch to 1x, or have to connect to the network, every time you receive a text message?
    I was referring to something that Sprint 700p users have seen:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...16629p=1012292

It's not that it switches to 1x, but that it uses the 1x radio for SMS transfers. But I could be wrong. also see here.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Doesn't that block text messages from coming through? I'd do that to avoid it switching to 1X (which it hasn't done in a few days), but I need my SMS
    Yes, it does block you from receiving incoming messages as well as calls; however you can place calls out. With my old nextel I could setup profiles for calls I wished to receive and others I did not. Since the Treo does not have profiles this was an alternative for calls that I did not want to receive.