Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, after having worked quite a bit to get some good sounds off of a DVD, to use as an alarm to wake up with in the morning, I discovered that the alarm feature uses a limited subset of sounds. Is there a way that I might use one of my imported ringtones as an alarm? Thanks so much in advance for your help!
    My Device/Application Data/ Sounds

Save your tones to this folder, it should work

If not try SEARCHING the forum for one of the threads about it, you might have to convert the tones to wav or wma
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    My Device/Application Data/ Sounds

Save your tones to this folder, it should work

Actually you can put all system and alarm sounds in the Windows directory and then have access to assign them.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    If not try SEARCHING the forum for one of the threads about it, you might have to convert the tones to wav or wma
    I posted the following thread that links to free software to convert and modify system sounds and ringtones. I also include several zip files that you are free to use. There is one alarm sound that is guaranteed to scare the bajeebies out of you when it goes off in the morning.

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!

I hope this helps.
    I downloaded some alarm clock program that was recommended from this site. The noise it makes has to be the MOST annoying sounds you can possibly wake up to. Well, other than your spousing yelling about something
    I copied all my sound files to the windows directory and to My Device/Application Data/ Sounds and they do not show up. The only ones that remain there are the default ones.
    Did you try to a soft reset....maybe WM05 needs to register the sound files.....but I am just guessing as I don't have WM05 yet.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I don't have my 700wx yet, with with other WM5 Pocket PCs I've had I had to place the sounds into the Windows folder, and they had to be WAV files to be used as anything other than a ringtone.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Did you try to a soft reset....maybe WM05 needs to register the sound files.....but I am just guessing as I don't have WM05 yet.
    Didn't try that.
    and they had to be WAV files to be used as anything other than a ringtone.
    That does sound like the problem since all I use is mp3.