1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is old news. I just saw this on the Microsoft website - http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile/on_your_mobile and I am still in the process of synchronising - but I think this is the mock_POP solution that I have been looking for and here all the emails that I send will be saved in my online Yahoo sent folder - something like what happens with GMAIL. Awesome - I think. Does anyone agree??
    Quote Originally Posted by photojunky View Post
    Not sure if this is old news. I just saw this on the Microsoft website - http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile/on_your_mobile and I am still in the process of synchronising - but I think this is the mock_POP solution that I have been looking for and here all the emails that I send will be saved in my online Yahoo sent folder - something like what happens with GMAIL. Awesome - I think. Does anyone agree??
    I loaded this program and ended up having to do a hard reset to clear it and all the problems it caused.
    Hey,
    I got a 700wx recently and this was the first to go on. I've had no problems, and have been very, very happy with the program.

I used to have this application on my nokia 6682, and while on vacation, had takent 168 photo's - only to have a wave destroy my phone. But with yahoo! go, everything had been uploaded to the server - saving all my vacation photo's.

As soon as I got my treo, I loaded the app, signed on, and boom: everything synchronized - easily and painlessly. I really couldn't be happier with it.

I've thought about the other solutions that are more popular around here, but don't like the interface to Outlook, and since I don't need it for work, an sticking with Yahoo.

Just thought I'd pass on my opinion...
    I ended up not using it - but it's not only mock-POP but mock IMAP! You can sync your yahoo subfolders as well.
    I've been using the web-based Y! interface for Mail,etc... it works pretty well on EVDO... Going to check out this application though - I saw the announcement quite a while ago but never found the actual application. Thanks.
    I have it on my 700w and it works fine...but slows my device to a crawl. All my mail accounts are very slow. Just clicking on a message brings up the busy icon and then after 4-10 seconds the mesaage will open. Probably would fly on the 700wx
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I loaded this program and ended up having to do a hard reset to clear it and all the problems it caused.
    It worked like a charm - I am happy like a clam in high tide. Have you installed the updater found here - http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

Septimus - you are correct

dstrack - the application is here - I have use the regular web interface - this is way cooler - especially since all the addresses and emails I have online are readily available even when my phone is not online. http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile/setup_usage

cmajewsk - not sure what could be slowing it down. I am using it on my phone as is. I do not even have a external memory card installed.

this is just like MS Exchange for personal emails. never been fond of setting up another mail2web account and forwarding etc..etc... I am a minimalist.
  8.    #8  
    I might have spoken too soon. now the darned thing is giving me a nightmare. first it froze, did a soft reset, the connection icon disappeared, uninstalled, did a hard reset, reinstalled. after numerous combinations of the above steps, I am yet to get it to work. wonder hiw it worked so flawlessly the very first time. I hope it is something at the yahoo server side, because of which my device is not able to complete installation and sync. I would really like to have this thing work again. will keep trying and post any updates.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i had to manually install all the components, it was kind of annoying...maybe on the next version? It looks like a great concept! Glad I left my 700p behind, it's a whole new world. Now if Missing Sync gets updated!

update: Windows Mobile 5 PocketPC not Smartphone....dammit, works MUCH better now!

user error is fun
    Last edited by ahalvor; 09/15/2006 at 02:31 AM.
    OK I've had this phone for a whole 3 days so dont shoot me - yet.

I entered my Yahoo settings directly into the Outlook settings and it automatically set up the POP3 settings. What are the downsides to using this option?

Previously used snappermail on the 650 so if I can only use the inbox thats not the end of the world
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    OK I've had this phone for a whole 3 days so dont shoot me - yet.

I entered my Yahoo settings directly into the Outlook settings and it automatically set up the POP3 settings. What are the downsides to using this option?

Previously used snappermail on the 650 so if I can only use the inbox thats not the end of the world
    Difference between Yahoo POP and Yahoo GO: Yahoo Go works even with Yahoo Mail Basic (the free version). It is as close to IMAP as you can get with Yahoo Mail. All your folders are synced. Also any emails that you send using your TREO will automatically get synced to your SENT folder online. Your contacts are also synced which is a beautiful thing - especially now when i had to do a hard reset. Any photos you take with your TREO will also get synced with Yahoo Photos online. I feel this is the closest we can ge to having a blackberry performance for your personal emails - I could be wrong
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    i had to manually install all the components, it was kind of annoying...maybe on the next version? It looks like a great concept! Glad I left my 700p behind, it's a whole new world. Now if Missing Sync gets updated!

update: Windows Mobile 5 PocketPC not Smartphone....dammit, works MUCH better now!

user error is fun
    OK - will try the Pocket PC version now. On another note, I also tried the manual installation - but wasn't sure which files to install and in what order - can you list that please.
    I didn't care for it. Nice that is syncs everything with yahoo and all that but I had serious issues with it wanting to always sync every few minutes. Not too mention opening up seperate instances of the connection program when I make it go to manual connect and made changes to my phone.

Nice in theory but not there yet for me.