Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Our latest information is from the video, where they basically say that US availability is going to be a ways down the road (my personal guess is Q1 2007) - but at least there's no hardware roadblocks.
    Who Cares about Rubber!
    Just give it to us!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You paid $200 for a $775 phone. How did they make up the $575? Must be with the plans. Although I always think carriers get a wholesale factory price. I think the manufacturers don't make the carriers pay retail.
    My plan is 300 anytime minutes + unlimited 3G data for $55, for 18 months. I never exceed the 300 minutes, incoming calls are free.

Total T-Mobile will get out of me = $180+$55x18=$1170, which is ironically the cost of the phone unlocked. I guess I'm happy

Surur
    That's a pretty decent plan IMO. Although I usually need 500 anytime minutes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    there seems to be a lot that is misunderstood about business. Just because we have to pay around $1000 for a phone doesn't mean that carriers pay that price. We would have to pay for the shipping from europe to the us, profit margins for all of the middlemen, and lets not forget that many us retailers aren't exactly high volume like a carrier is. They still subsidize the phone, but the companies like cingular are paying much less than what the consumers have to pay.

And phone diva, I got my 8125 for $230. An unlocked wizard did cost about $700 around that time. The 700wx is a $650 device as well w/o contract. That's where I got $600 from, along with what surur stated.
    I do think the carriers pay factory wholesale or something like that. But even so, how low can that price be? It can't be lower than what they're selling to the consumer for, can it? I still think they take a hit on the phones and make it up with plans and add-ons.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I do think the carriers pay factory wholesale or something like that. But even so, how low can that price be? It can't be lower than what they're selling to the consumer for, can it? I still think they take a hit on the phones and make it up with plans and add-ons.
    I'm fairly certain that companies "take a hit" on most cell phones and make it up through the plans. But their cost is still far below what we pay for the unlocked UNSUBSIDIZED phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12