Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out a Microsoft / Windows Mobile Team guy's very positive review of the 750v at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archi...12/750672.aspx
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    One of the areas Palm has spent a huge amount of time on is ensuring the device can be used one handed. I did post an article last week on this and got a huge amount of comments on this very topic! With the Treo 750v I never ever pull out the stylus to operate the device. Pretty much everything can be achieved through the soft keys and on the device with the 5 way navigator. There is only one exception I've found - that is that you can't align the screen
    nice
    This looks killer! Now if I could just get over that square screen!

Hmmmm....Cingular 8525 or Treo 750v (when it comes to the states), which one to replace my K-JAM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4.    #4  
    That's a tough choice - both look to be superb devices ...

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post

Hmmmm....Cingular 8525 or Treo 750v (when it comes to the states), which one to replace my K-JAM.

i am in the same boat as you. the 8525 kind of wins because of it having wi fi, ptt (eventually), better cpu, and a larger screen. i hope palm and cingular give us a device which can keep up with the others.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    although the specs on paper clearly show that the tytn should be the winner, real world useage seems to differ. Responsiveness and an intuitive one handed capable device really trumps the competition for me. And with the addition of 3G data, I won't be needing wifi since the vast majority of my pdaphone data useage is when I have no wifi available, such as right now on the train. The always available keyboard is the biggest thing I miss from my treo 650.
    Don't know about you guys but I have my K-JAM set up for very good one handed use.

Pocket Plus, PocketBreeze/Contact Breeze, GSPocketMagic, and finally SmartsKey makes the K-JAM very one handed friendly. Of course, the front facing keyboard makes dialing numbers easier on the Treo.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  8.    #8  
    My 8125 / Wizard is also pretty good for one-handed use - with iLauncher, SPB Diary and the very awesome SmartSkey - my only real complaint on its one-handedness is placement of the top 2 hardware buttons. I like the look of button placement *much* better on the TyTN / Hermes ...
    Don't know about you guys but I have my K-JAM set up for very good one handed use.

Pocket Plus, PocketBreeze/Contact Breeze, GSPocketMagic, and finally SmartsKey makes the K-JAM very one handed friendly. Of course, the front facing keyboard makes dialing numbers easier on the Treo.
    I have most of that and I still think that one-handed use is limited due to the lack of a keyboard that can be used with one hand.
  10.    #10  
    I'm 50/50 about the keyboard - enjoted it on the Treo 650, but still always found / find I prefer stylus letter recgnizer input for any lengthy blocks of text. That may be diffferent to many others - I am very fast with the stylus and rarely use the slide-out keyboard on the 8125. I also have started thinking there are particular times that one-handed use is most important to me (evenings for one) and that during those times I am often much more into just absorbing information - browsing RSS feeds / web, listening to podcasts etc - and all these activities are easy to manage one-handed. During the work day, when using the device in more demanding ways, I'm ok with a fair bit more stylus usage for note-taking and so on ...

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I have most of that and I still think that one-handed use is limited due to the lack of a keyboard that can be used with one hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    I'm 50/50 about the keyboard - enjoted it on the Treo 650, but still always found / find I prefer stylus letter recgnizer input for any lengthy blocks of text. That may be diffferent to many others - I am very fast with the stylus and rarely use the slide-out keyboard on the 8125. I also have started thinking there are particular times that one-handed use is most important to me (evenings for one) and that during those times I am often much more into just absorbing information - browsing RSS feeds / web, listening to podcasts etc - and all these activities are easy to manage one-handed. During the work day, when using the device in more demanding ways, I'm ok with a fair bit more stylus usage for note-taking and so on ...
    Most of the time I never use the stylus. Using one means having to use two hands.
    I am one of the few who thinks it's OK to use a device two-handed. I'd rather not drop it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    How about pocket internet explorer. Can it be navigated by using one hand like blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    How about pocket internet explorer. Can it be navigated by using one hand like blazer?
    but blazer is not so good.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  15.    #15  
    Would have to agree with that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    but blazer is not so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I am one of the few who thinks it's OK to use a device two-handed. I'd rather not drop it.
    when you're running through chicago with a laptop bag on one shoulder and trying to get through the morning crowd, you can really only sacrifice one hand.
  17.    #17  
    Damn, that's impressive. I usually just have a beer in one hand when scrolling through RSS feeds etc in the evening ...

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    when you're running through chicago with a laptop bag on one shoulder and trying to get through the morning crowd, you can really only sacrifice one hand.
    Damn, that's impressive. I usually just have a beer in one hand when scrolling through RSS feeds etc in the evening ...
    What about chopsticks in one hand, Treo in the other, reading TC and /. and checking emails? It's why God made the Treo.
    it's also easier to pick one's nose while using a one-handed capable device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    What about chopsticks in one hand, Treo in the other, reading TC and /. and checking emails? It's why God made the Treo.
    I must say that there were many a lunch where I would eat sushi and use my treo and never miss a step.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast