Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #22  
    1.pdf spec sheet of wx says it includes voice command. Does it?
    2. It is HSDPA software upgradeable.
    3. 300mhz processor chosen for it is a battery conserver.
    4. BAD NEWS: NO UNLOCKED VERSION AVAILABLE TILL VODAFONE EXCLUSIVITY IS OVER.
    Last edited by athreya; 09/12/2006 at 07:31 PM.
  2.    #23  
    the voda exclusivity is for three months from oct 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    1.pdf spec sheet of wx says it includes voice command. Does it?
    2. It is HSDPA software upgradeable.
    3. 300mhz processor chosen for it is a battery conserver.
    4. BAD NEWS: NO UNLOCKED VERSION AVAILABLE TILL VODAFONE EXCLUSIVITY IS OVER.
    4. Exclusivity in Europe only.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    That is a UK based site, right? Lots of slams against it in the comments, due to lack of wifi. Palm may have failed. We'll see what happens Oct. 2 though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Msmobiles slams every device he gets his hands on. I wouldnt worry about it.
    anyone see HTC Libra yet? HTC start to pay attention to form factor
    "HTC start to pay attention to form factor"

They have been since the HTC Startrek. They seem to give more love to the Smartphone OS devices however.

Surur
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Will the oversized card fit into the 750v?
    It looked to me as if the slot was a tray in the 750v slid into.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    Will the oversized card fit into the 750v?
    It looked to me as if the slot was a tray in the 750v slid into.
    Its not a tray, its a cover.

You would have to walk around with the cover dangling all the time. Built-in would have been so much better...

Surur
    the voda exclusivity is for three months from oct 2nd.
    And Perry laughed when I said 2007. And then it is WM
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    And Perry laughed when I said 2007. And then it is WM
    Last time I checked the USA wasn't in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Last time I checked the USA wasn't in Europe
    I wrote that before I saw the post that said that the Vodafone exclusivity was limited to Europe. That said, but given Palm's record, 2007 still seems good to me.
    I wrote that before I saw the post that said that the Vodafone exclusivity was limited to Europe. That said, but given Palm's record, 2007 still seems good to me.
    With that said, given Cingular's record, mid-2007 seems right to me

I hope that rumors that it'll be released in Oct/Nov are true. There are some days when I want to throw my 8125 under the train.
    With that said, given Cingular's record, mid-2007 seems right to me

I hope that rumors that it'll be released in Oct/Nov are true. There are some days when I want to throw my 8125 under the train.
    Well, you are already WM. I am still a POS user. I am a 650/unlocked/GSM user. It looks as though it will be a choice of POS or UMTS for me. Even that is not likely to an option until sometime in 2007. At 72, months are a long time. But then, I am a notorious whiner.
    Well, you are already WM. I am still a POS user. I am a 650/unlocked/GSM user. It looks as though it will be a choice of POS or UMTS for me. Even that is not likely to an option until sometime in 2007. At 72, months are a long time. But then, I am a notorious whiner.
    I see. Well I'm guessing that the only upgrades in the new POS treo would be UMTS and the form factor. I stopped using POS because the OS has been stagnating. I've used Palm and WM for about 8 yrs now, and really loved how they'd compete. But WM pulled away with its features, and to me, I do think it is easier to use. There really is no question about which is more powerful.

Have you thought about switching to WM? It can be a fun experience. As you're no stranger to message boards, I'm sure you'd be a pro in a month
    ..........Have you thought about switching to WM? It can be a fun experience. As you're no stranger to message boards, I'm sure you'd be a pro in a month
    With only one POS announcement in almost two years, and that CDMA, it is hard not to think about it. It is a truly hateful thought. Not only does one have to learn a new system, its configuration, interface, controls, and ideosyncrocies but find, pay for, install, and learn a whole new set of applications. The idea is about as attractive as chewing glass. I was one of the last to change from CMS to MS/DOS, from DOS to Windows, from 98/ME to XP. I will probably be late to move to Vista.

I am not a slow learner; I just resent the idea that every couple of years I must devote a third of my time to an effort that is productive only for those wishing to sell me something. If one is an Apple user one expects this; one knows that every few years they will abandon an operating system without looking back. One does not expect that of Palm, who owe their very identity to POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    9. A2DP vs no A2DP
    what will it take to get A2DP on the 700wx?

THANK YOU!
    The rumors say that the 680 which will be the Palm OS version of the 750 is not UMTS. This makes some sense due to the UMTS requirement of simultaneous voice and data and Palm OS lack of pre-emptive multitasking. I would prefer a new GSM Palm OS Treo, but my expectation is that I will have to move to WM5 to get higher data speeds on GSM.

I see. Well I'm guessing that the only upgrades in the new POS treo would be UMTS and the form factor. I stopped using POS because the OS has been stagnating. I've used Palm and WM for about 8 yrs now, and really loved how they'd compete. But WM pulled away with its features, and to me, I do think it is easier to use. There really is no question about which is more powerful.

Have you thought about switching to WM? It can be a fun experience. As you're no stranger to message boards, I'm sure you'd be a pro in a month
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am not a slow learner; I just resent the idea that every couple of years I must devote a third of my time to an effort that is productive only for those wishing to sell me something. If one is an Apple user one expects this; one knows that every few years they will abandon an operating system without looking back. One does not expect that of Palm, who owe their very identity to POS.
    Palm abandoning their own OS, plus caving in to MSFT, never clued you in?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast