Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    You have one, boy are you lucky! I'd really like to get a copy of the today theme on the 750v. Anyway you might be able to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    I can confirm the screensizes actually are identical. I have a 750v here (I am the author of the exensive review at http://www.pocketinfo.nl/artikel/6520 and ordered Treo 700 screenprotectors from Brando. They are a perfect fit.
    Their Treo 6xx/7xx USB sync&charge cables also work seamlessly.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  2. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Hey, your English is pretty good. How about a translation? Outstanding sounds so much better than standing out (which is what Babelfish does with Dutch).

Surur
    I am afraid a translation is somewhat out of the question, due to time constraints. My day job would interfere too much

I would be more than happy to answer questions though, as long as they are not covered by my NDA.

(and my English, although not my mother tongue, actually is fluent)
  3. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    You have one, boy are you lucky! I'd really like to get a copy of the today theme on the 750v. Anyway you might be able to get it?

At this point I will not share any components of the Treo's OS, regardless whether it's themes or registry information. The fact that I have a Treo 750v was not just a lucky stroke, but the fruit of a long period of cooperation with various vendors, among which Palm. I have reviewed many products, have always been neutral and honest about my findings and this has earned me the trust of those vendors.

I hope you will understand that I will not risk anything to harm that
    Wiz,
    Have you played around with a 700wx by any chance? If so, what are your thoughts about it compared to the 750v besides the obvious CDMA vs GSM?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Wiz,
    Have you played around with a 700wx by any chance? If so, what are your thoughts about it compared to the 750v besides the obvious CDMA vs GSM?
    Nope, I am afraid I haven't. The 700wx is not available to us Europeans, and there is hardly a reason to given te fact that it would not work at all on our networks.

My hunch is that the main differences between the 700wx and the 750v (aside from the most obvious one CDMA) are the 700's protruding antenna, the 1800mAh battery, the CPU (312 Intel XScale vs 300 Samsung) and the fact that between the 700wx and 750v Palm has refined some of the functionality (Threaded SMS is part of that functionality)

Rumour has it (I saw that in posts on several websites, but have as yet not been able to confirm this) that eventually the 700w and 700wx features and functionality will be brought back in line by "catch-up" upgrades for the 700's anyway.

Battery/CPU:
    The battery difference is somewhat negligable as well since the Samsung is a tad faster but at the same time quite a bit more economic....

That would leave the main difference being the antenna ... and that's ultimately a matter of taste
    Thanks for there input. In your review you said the device is USB 2. Is this confirmed, and is this faster when synchronizing e.g. music via Windows Media Player?

Surur
  7. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks for there input. In your review you said the device is USB 2. Is this confirmed, and is this faster when synchronizing e.g. music via Windows Media Player?

Surur
    I confirmed it by transferring a 1,5Gb TomTom map of Europe onto the device's SD card through the USB connection. Since the Treo did not end up going out of the window and into the pond, the transfer speed must have been satisfactory

(People that ever tried doing this through USB 1.1 know what I mean )
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I really don't mind Garnett as an OS, but I just wish they'd fix all the little stability niggles.
    They could indeed revamp Garnet and make it a semi-new OS, but I guess they don't want to.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I confirmed it by transferring a 1,5Gb TomTom map of Europe onto the device's SD card through the USB connection. Since the Treo did not end up going out of the window and into the pond, the transfer speed must have been satisfactory

(People that ever tried doing this through USB 1.1 know what I mean )
    Even with a card reader it takes ages, so if you actually managed it via Activesync thats pretty impressive.

Surur
  10. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Even with a card reader it takes ages, so if you actually managed it via Activesync thats pretty impressive.

Surur
    I did not say it was fast, I just said I did not feel compelled to throw a fit and toss the device out the window.

The transfer speed was slower than that of a card reader. The Activesync overhead does that for you. It was noticably faster than a USB 1.1 connection though.
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    I can tell you that although I frequently alternate between Palm and WM devices, after having written this review, I had good reasons to be impressed by the Treo 750v. I have always been amazed by the usability and inuitivity of the PalmOS but always stuck with WM because of the multitasking capabilities, the sheer horsepower and the fact that in less than 3 years, the number of WM applications far outran the number of Palm applications.
    Are those numbers comparable? Are all those WM appls PDA or smartphone appls or only Windows appls?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    How much would it cost to get a po box wherever Vodafone service works, get a contract with vodafone online using that po box address, forward your mail from that po box to the states, and pay an etf for cancelling the contract? No doubt someone will figure out how to unlock it. Naa, too much trouble.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    How about some of our friendly TCers buyer at full cost and reselling them? I would probably get one (I know, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    How much would it cost to get a po box wherever Vodafone service works, get a contract with vodafone online using that po box address, forward your mail from that po box to the states, and pay an etf for cancelling the contract? No doubt someone will figure out how to unlock it. Naa, too much trouble.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    If there is not a Cingular announcement by say, November, I might consider drastic measures like the above.
  15. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Are those numbers comparable? Are all those WM appls PDA or smartphone appls or only Windows appls?
    I never count the WM smartphone apps. Since the WM smartphone platform has no touchscreen, the possibilities are very limited.

On another note, I think I withdraw my statement about the number of applications on either platform. I just noticed that Handango lists 10954 PalmOS apps versus 12884 WM apps but Palmgear lists 30367 PalmOS apps versus 22718 WM apps.......

Oh well, at least it "felt" as if there were more WM apps
    The one and only Treo 750v
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456