Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    [HTML]If I'm going to be saddled with WinMollasses in the end, I'm sure not signing up for inferior hardware to run it on........
    I tend to agree. WM is a commodity. I buy Treos for POS, a Treo exclusive. Palm has given up its competitive advantage to compete on hardware and price. Go figure.

Perry, where are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave View Post
    I think I'm just happy the antennae's finally gone.
    I must be weird. I like the antenna.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Thank you for the url. I was unable to find those maps.

16 out of 50 states, half of those sparsely populated, is not "coverage."
    Looks like some of the most heavily populated US cities are on there.

Though it would be nice to see Florida cities also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I tend to agree. WM is a commodity. I buy Treos for POS, a Treo exclusive. Palm has given up its competitive advantage to compete on hardware and price. Go figure.

Perry, where are you?

Because apparently they have nothing much new to show us from the Palm OS. If they did, they wouldn't have sold out to MSFT!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thank you for the url. I was unable to find those maps.

16 out of 50 states, half of those sparsely populated, is not "coverage."
    Ok, maybe you're right, but I'm saying, they ARE rolling it out and it doews include many major cities. People talk about it like its vaporware, but it won't be long at this rate before every major city has it. True, it will probably be a while before the freeways between Wichita and Topeka, Kansas have it, bu most of the market for a phone like this is in big urban areas anyway. It just so happens that between San Diego, Seattle, Houston, Las Vegas, NY, and DC, I personally am somewhere on that list 90% of the time.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    If I'm going to be saddled with WinMollasses in the end, I'm sure not signing up for inferior hardware to run it on.
    Not me. I am sticking it out. I will hold on to my 700p until the ALP come out or Motorola Linux smart phone come out. I just don't like MS's concept of human interface design.

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that a Hawkinsless Palm Inc has little if any innovation to offer....
    <End: Rant>
    Yeah man you just remind me they haven't changed the design of Treo since the Hawkin days.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Looks like some of the most heavily populated US cities are on there........
    That is true. However, they bought those w/ AT&T Wireless and have not moved much beyond them. Not comparable to Verizon/Sprint EVDO. If one lives in one of those cities and does not travel much, it is a fair deal for a PC. Expensive for a phone.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I agree with the internals answer... between that, the loss of the antenna, and marketing guys, going with 750 makes sense. To you and me the differences maybe small, but to joe shmo on the street it looks different, has a different number so HEY! It must be a brand new phone.

Besides wasn't there those saying that the 700p is little more then a 650 on roids? Which is a 600 on roids?
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    That is true. However, they bought those w/ AT&T Wireless and have not moved much beyond them. Not comparable to Verizon/Sprint EVDO. If one lives in one of those cities and does not travel much, it is a fair deal for a PC. Expensive for a phone.

I agree they need to add some more areas like FL, NC, MI and MN.

Didn't anyone notice how much smaller the 750 is? The screen is only 2/3 the size of the 700p.
    They intended to make a more streamlined device. It looks like it would fit perfectly in my hands.

Where did you see this? In the views I saw it looked the same as the 650 / 700p/ 700w to me.

Quote Originally Posted by troutman View Post
    Didn't anyone notice how much smaller the 750 is? The screen is only 2/3 the size of the 700p.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    According to Andrew at Treonauts who's used one of these it's...

...1mm thinner, 2mm narrower and 24 grams lighter than its predecessor
    So not much different to a 700p or 700w(x).
  14.    #54  
    Watch the video. They look pretty much identical in size.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Where did you see this? In the views I saw it looked the same as the 650 / 700p/ 700w to me.
    I think (hope) troutman was being sarcastic about his 2/3 screen size comment. Or maybe he was mistaken because of the pixel count.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I think the body of the 750v has the appearance of being smaller due to the rounded off edges. In the video, maybe that guy had big hands, but it does have the illusion of being smaller.

it's lighter and it has rounded edges....if that makes it smaller to you then it's smaller!
    Perry, where are you?
    He's found a new home at Munk's.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    He's found a new home at Munk's.
    I found him. He seems depressed but still hoping for the 900P. Unfortunately, the 900P is not simply farther away, but as the Treo fragments more and more, it becomes less and less likely and predictable.

Perry, where are you?
    I could never go back to a non-multitasking OS. I also need an os that supports direct push with my corporate exchange environment. Without these two features theres no reason to even consider a return to the POS.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast