Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know, either using bluetooth or cable a way to tether to a mac, either with 3rd party software or not?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    PDANet from junefabrics.com supports bluetooth tethering...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I did not think PDANet had a Mac product. I use Usbmodem, Right now it is bluetooth only but future versions will support USB.
    Supposedly if you use a PC to install PDAnet, you could use the bluetooth part with a Mac. I have not tried this though.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am currently using PDAnet with my Macbook and tethering via bluetooth.

It does indeed work. (I am very happy about this).

You cannot tether via the USB port.
    you are using PDAnet with you MacBook on the Mac OS X or on Windows XP on your MacBook? if you got it running on your Mac OS X could you get me a details on how you did it please?

i have a 6700 and the thing thats holding me from getting the 700wx is the bluetooth DUN. the 6700 works seamlessly with both OS X and Win XP as bluetooth DUN without having to install any software at all.
    I just got my 700WX yesterday, I downloaded and installed PDANet from a PC, set up bluetooth on the MacBook Pro under OS X and it works like a charm.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. What type of evdo speeds do you see via bluetooth on the mac?

Any 'how to' on how to set this up? I've never done bluetooth DUN
    I have this working on a Macbook with OS X.

There really isn't much to the set-up. Just load PDANet via a PC onto your 700W. Then connect via Bluetooth.
  10.    #10  
    When I pair the device on my mac will it then show a 'service' that is allowed? Normally if I try to pair the device it doesn't see any usable services.
    I've installed PDANet on my XP machine and on my 700w... My PowerBook G4 (using USB BT D-Link Adapter) finds my Treo and finds the service to share Internet connection, but it then asks me to pick a modem type (defaults to Apple 56K Modem)? ... as well as a username/password/phone # prompt... I use Verizon so where do I get that username/password from? My normal Verizon website login info? Any thoughts?
    Interesting. I didnt realize the pdanet would do dialup DUN. If I could use it for bluetooth DUN with my X50v, I would be in heaven!
    I'm pretty sure that we're able to use Bluetooth on the 700w to access the internet on a notebook pc or mac... just not sure how to do it... PDANet is the only app I see talked about but I can't get it working...
    I use USB Modem and it works great. I've tried it tether both via USB and Bluetooth. I like the USB method best - as it seems to hold the connection longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by borch1 View Post
    I use USB Modem and it works great. I've tried it tether both via USB and Bluetooth. I like the USB method best - as it seems to hold the connection longer.
    Is this on a Mac or on a PC? The OP was interested in Macs and DUN. FWIW, I used Windows XP on my Macbook Pro to activate PDAnet and then switched to Tiger and paired my 700wx with my MBP (from the MBP). I entered the number (#777). You can put anything in the user name and password part. Set the modemscript to Sprint Vision Modem. For Verizon people, there is a Verizon modemscript available (PC5220?). I then had no problem dialing from the Mac using BT with PDAnet.
    Great - Gonna give this a whirl tonight when I get home - Thanks!
    Does the BT part of PDAnet expire without registration? I know that the USB side on Windows warns you of impending doom if you don't register it. Does this happen for Mac users who, after activating the trial on a PC, then just use it to tether through BT on their Macs?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    Does the BT part of PDAnet expire without registration? I know that the USB side on Windows warns you of impending doom if you don't register it. Does this happen for Mac users who, after activating the trial on a PC, then just use it to tether through BT on their Macs?
    Its normal,it will work once you register it.
    --Don
    can someone post the details of how to configure/set up the connection on the mac? I'm a ex-pc guy and new to mac. i already have pda net on my treo 700p from my pc....i just want to tether it via BT on my mac, but I'm lost.

...only had mac for 3 days so forgive me.
    bump
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast