Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so i see that the 750v uses threaded sms which is great. what i was wondering is does this mean that it will be coming to 700w or 700wx. that would be just great/. and also the support for bluetooth stereo headssets. i figure since it is running WM5 that there is hope

oh and i talked to my friend that works for the pda tech support and i asked if there was an update coming soon. and he said they dont find out until it actually is done.
    I would think that if someone could extract the cab file for sms off of the phone then it would probably work
  3.    #3  
    yeah i think u r right. and windows mobile is easier to hack.

anyone up for the challenge
    Hopefully someone can copy the rom. Without that there is not much we can do. It is very encouraging to see this though and I hope that a future update will give us the new features.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I REALLY hope no one starts a "We got screwed by Palm and Sprint" thread. Haha
    So I wonder if Sprint planned on delivering this sms threading app, but ran out of time. That would explain the "typo" in the 700wx brochure.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So I wonder if Sprint planned on delivering this sms threading app, but ran out of time. That would explain the "typo" in the 700wx brochure.
    That's exactly what I think happened. Sprint "locks in" the device pretty early from what I gather and I imagine Palm just did not have it ready in time to give to them to test.

And considering that the 750 has been pushed back to begining of October, sounds like they're just finishing up those changes.

Notice in the pics the "folders" box in the upper left hand corner? That's a toggle/drop down box for the d-pad...no stylus!

I bet we get an update or XDA people get it from ROM...which ever is faster.

oh my i cant wait for the new sms. I am not for sure glad I am swtiching to the 700w.
    Yah I'm sure someone will get it off the newer phone so we can all enjoy the goodness.
    That would be a very nice touch to improve upon the amazing greatness of my glorious wx
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    That would be a very nice touch to improve upon the amazing greatness of my glorious wx
    amen.

now, if we could just find that it has that new qualcomm chipset (MSM7500) that's upgradable to RevA....

man would that rule.

We need this app, I wouldn't be surpised if Palm released it as an update. Either way someone will get this onto our devices soon.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I would expect it to be included with the aku update coming soon. Which would make sense, and would explain why it didn't come installed on the wx's, so they could update both 700w's at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    We need this app, I wouldn't be surpised if Palm released it as an update. Either way someone will get this onto our devices soon.
    According to Treonauts, it's a "dedicated messaging application..." (I read that as it's seperate from Outloook SMS) and we know it has it's own Today Plugin (nice touch!) so it should be easy to deliver as an update since I'd imagine it would basically "delete" the old SMS profile in Outlook, install itself and then hook into the system for alerts/notifications.

That's just a guess though.

16.    #16  
    yeah i love my treo 700w but the only two things it is missing for me presonally is \
    1. ad2p i miss this already
    2. threaded sms.

once they get thesse on i will just love it
    From Andrew at TreoNauts:

Malatesta - Palm confirmed this morning to me that the Treo 700w|wx will indeed soon have the upgraded 'threaded SMS' application - just no timing yet for this release...

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    From Andrew at TreoNauts:

yessssssssssssssssssssssss

but wait. no timing for the release. what does that mean?????? boo
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post

hehe... welll, remember the 750 is not even out yet! (not till October) so the key words are "soon" and "no timing"...for us

Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post

It means don't hold your breath!

They have no pressure to release this update until the 750v comes to the US. Vodafone's "exclusivity" is probably for 6 months. They might be nice to us and let us have it, but like I said, no pressure...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast