Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    It means don't hold your breath!

They have no pressure to release this update until the 750v comes to the US. Vodafone's "exclusivity" is probably for 6 months. They might be nice to us and let us have it, but like I said, no pressure...
    I don't think that's the case at all, not even close. The threaded SMS app is seperate from the 750 and any exclusivity, which by the way there is no evidence for since there are already branded Cingular 750s making the rounds-- it's coming very soon in the US, would not play a role in this.

Palm has now confirmed that it is coming for the 700w/wx and we saw the brochure for the 700wx that listed it already, albeit prematurely.

I think that's a good indication that it's coming!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I don't think that's the case at all, not even close. The threaded SMS app is seperate from the 750 and any exclusivity, which by the way there is no evidence for since there are already branded Cingular 750s making the rounds-- it's coming very soon in the US, would not play a role in this.

Palm has now confirmed that it is coming for the 700w/wx and we saw the brochure for the 700wx that listed it already, albeit prematurely.

I think that's a good indication that it's coming!
    Man I hope so too, but they never realease "add-ons," just updates, and we all know Palm takes FOREVER with these things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Man I hope so too, but they never realease "add-ons," just updates, and we all know Palm takes FOREVER with these things!
    Well, there's always Plan B: hack.

Being that it's a "dedicated app" it might be easier to seperate from the ROM. (?)

4.    #24  
    im liking the hack way lol
    Bottom line if its not released it will get hacked. Personally I can't wait until then or a third party dev steps up and really gets it right with the OS / phone integration.
    help me please: i've owned the old threaded sms T600 and have now owned the non-threaded sms Treo's.......it's a nice feature, i will say that, but i don't understand the importance that some of you have placed on it. is it profession dependant?
    1. It allows you to keep track of a conversation
    2. It keeps your from accidentally drunk texting the wrong person
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Thanks for posting that Malatesta, I posted your info to my site and PalmAddict. Either way we know we're going to get the app. If it comes from Palm great, if it comes from a Palm customer just as great
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Thanks for posting that Malatesta, I posted your info to my site and PalmAddict. Either way we know we're going to get the app. If it comes from Palm great, if it comes from a Palm customer just as great
    NP!

It's going to be an exciting next couple of months...prospect of a ROM update, threaded SMS...it just gets better and better.

OT: I'm almost bored with the 700wx because it's so good! I have nothing to tweak, nothing to hack...it just works. It's like they thought of everything.

Just give me a KB lights toggle and threaded SMS and I'm totally set.

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    1. It allows you to keep track of a conversation
    2. It keeps your from accidentally drunk texting the wrong person
    Option number to is the one that would fit the most I think. *grin*
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    if you check the palm website... for the w/wx they are showing that threaded text is now a feature again. weird considering it isn't out yet. another jump the gun situation?
    I wonder if SMS threading (and the new drop down folders in outlook) is a microsoft update, that will be included in one of the new AKU updates, or is it a palm app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    if you check the palm website... for the w/wx they are showing that threaded text is now a feature again. weird considering it isn't out yet. another jump the gun situation?
    Yeah but it's still not back in the PDF brochure where it was originally found. I'm wondering if that line "Threaded text messages in a single chat view let you keep the conversation going." is another typo since the pictures clearly show the default SMS application (outlook).

mobileman, no this is strictly a Palm application not a MS one so it'll officially only be available on the Treo line.

14.    #34  
    yeah i dont want to see this feature on the 6700 lol
    Some more pics to wet your appetite:

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Some more pics to wet your appetite:

you are a mean person. lol. wow where did you get this. i thought the 750v isnt out until october. . adding a vcard to a text message is great. lol
    I got the pics from a Dutch review of the 750 (it got outstanding remarks)--it's linked to by PDA 24/7: http://clieuk.co.uk/wm.shtml

18.    #38  
    well thats cool. hopefully it will get to us w/wx users soon. i cant wait
    the dutch or who ever reviews is needs to upload this now.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    the dutch or who ever reviews is needs to upload this now.
    They may be slow to getting around to it - marijuana is legal there!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast