1.    #1  
    Prospective Seidio Clear Case buyers: Read before making the mistake of purchasing.

I noticed when I put the 700wx in my new Seidio Clear Case that the case is loose and very cheaply made. I decide to give it a try, because it looks nice. This was my mistake. The first time the case knocks against the corner of a countertop, the front part of the case comes loose, and the 700wx goes flying onto a hard ceramic floor. The belt clip held the back of the case to my belt, so the Treo is loose and flying. The Treo hits the floor, battery lid pops off, battery comes out, and for a moment I had three scratched peices of Treo instead of one brand new piece...

Luckily, Palm had the brains to make the 700wx out of some high quality material, unlike what Seidio does for the snaps on its Clear Case... My pride and joy now has nicks below the speaker on the back, and on the battery lid. The battery lid is likely easily replacable... The Treo is not. Just to make myself clear, my pride and joy is the Treo, not the crappy case.

The case actually has no scratches... it's a hell of a damn shame because I wasn't trying to protect the nice-looking, crappy-performing $20 case, I was trying to protect the nice-looking, nice-performing $649 Treo.

EDIT: I also just took a phone call, and noticed an extra vibration in the speaker whenever sound is produced... I do not know for sure if this is related to the fall that the Treo took, but I know that I did NOT notice it before the fall.

Advice from a proud Treo owner
    Phil Mills/Pensacola, FL
    Last edited by SouthWX; 09/12/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    So are you going to return the case?

Just wondering since the same thing happened to me.
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I cringed just reading your story.

I have the crystal case by Seidio for the treo 700wx and I must say I love it. I have the combination of the crystal case, battery reset hole cover (crystal case also has the hole), Seidio crystal case ready spring holster, and the Seidio extended battery with a MartinShields Screeen protector (I swear by these).

The crystal case is actually very solid to hold and well designed cutouts but with every strength there is a weakness, and the weakness you just pointed out. It has the ability to snap apart on impact. maybe their next revision will have a latch or something to prevent this from happening to future crystal case users.

To prevent this from happening to me, I used clear see thru scotch tape and sealed the sides. I also plan to replace the scotch taped sides with e-grips for an even better feel and usability. (PITA to remove once sealed, but ya, whatever). Also be aware that the case from the inside might scratch the treo itself, so I have a combination of "best skins ever" and scotch tape applied to the pressure points of the case.

My treo is protected like a tank but has that factory feel to it. When you pay full retail for a toy such as the 700wx, you better protect it like a tank.

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTreo View Post
    So are you going to return the case?

Just wondering since the same thing happened to me.
    I have no reciept, so I will probably not return it. I will probably keep the case for use in the pocket. The case appears to protect the Treo well when attached, but the problem is it wont stay attached if it hits the floor. Good idea, horrible design... and the earpiece speaker on my treo seems to have paid the price for it.
    I second the scotch tape. I did this the first day I got my case as it tried to open on its own. I put a small piece on each side near the bottom corners.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    I believe the point here is, something sold and manufactured to SEAL AND PROTECT should not have to be SEALED AND PROTECTED by Scotch Tape... If that were the case, we'd be putting scotch tape all over our treos, and saving about $18.50 ... good tip though.
    Actually, I think duct tape would protect the Treo better than scotch tape if you weren't using a case. That would also make your Treo more "manly" being covered in duct tape. Chicks dig manly guys, so...

Duct Tape + Treo = More Chicks
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Actually, I think duct tape would protect the Treo better than scotch tape if you weren't using a case. That would also make your Treo more "manly" being covered in duct tape. Chicks dig manly guys, so...

Duct Tape + Treo = More Chicks
    LOL... Good thinking...And it would match my wallet too
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a