Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We'll update the Front Page story throughout the day.
    Yee Haa!
    Just call me Berd.
  3. kac
    I'm drooling! SMS threading!
    dont care about wifi...but the HSDPA thing is hurtin me...hurtin me bad

But this unit is pretty...do i dare say nay to HSDPA and go for this
    How does the processor compare to the current 700 line? It mentions a 300MHz versus the existing 312MHz. However, I understand that lower MHz does not mean lower performance (i.e. AMD vs Intel). Any idea?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    How does the processor compare to the current 700 line? It mentions a 300MHz versus the existing 312MHz. However, I understand that lower MHz does not mean lower performance (i.e. AMD vs Intel). Any idea?
    sammies are much better in terms of performance and battery life when compard to the intels (which were also good)
    I would move to this phone, if it came to the US, but is there any hope of that?

I would rather do POS, but that looks less and less likely.

Now I'm really thinking of getting two devices. a regular phone and ipodish device.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    We'll update the Front Page story throughout the day.
    I assume the main page meant 128MB of ROM and not RAM. If this unit carries at least 64MB of RAM I will making the jump in a heartbeat.

The Treo 750v runs Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Edition and features specifications similar to the Treo 700wx - namely 128 megs of RAM(60 available for user storage), a 240x240 touchscreen, 1.3 megapixel camera, and a full qwerty keyboard.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceptions View Post
    I assume the main page meant 128MB of ROM and not RAM. If this unit carries at least 64MB of RAM I will making the jump in a heartbeat.
    Good catch, thanks. Changed that. We're trying to get confirmation on the RAM now.
    no wifi !!! Is there going to be an expansion card that would allow this? anyone know of a minisd wifi card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevich View Post
    no wifi !!! Is there going to be an expansion card that would allow this? anyone know of a minisd wifi card?
    yeah spretec has a minisd wifi card, however if i am not mistaken the treo will have a door to the expansion slot...ie the door probably wont be able to close with the wifi card installed
  12.    #12  
    Miradu just posted a hands-on. Video up in just a bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    yeah spretec has a minisd wifi card, however if i am not mistaken the treo will have a door to the expansion slot...ie the door probably wont be able to close with the wifi card installed
    ugh.. we'll I can live with it if the door isnt that big and works with it being open.
    Two key statements in that review.

"We are told that while the Treo 750v is currently a UMTS device, if the carrier desired it can be software upgradeable to the faster “3.5G” HSDPA that Cingular uses in the US, and other carriers use around the world."

"Other carriers will soon launch the Treo 750v on their markets, but Vodafone will have EU exclusivity for some time. This also means that no unlocked Treo 750vs will be available until the exclusivity is over, as they could be imported back into the EU."
    "Other carriers soon"

OK, OK, WHEN for Cingular? October? November? Q1 2007?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    "Other carriers will soon launch the Treo 750v on their markets, but Vodafone will have EU exclusivity for some time. This also means that no unlocked Treo 750vs will be available until the exclusivity is over, as they could be imported back into the EU."
    Heh. I just came here to point that out - just bolded it in the article. Bad news for US folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Heh. I just came here to point that out - just bolded it in the article. Bad news for US folks.
    correction:

Bluetooth 2.0 was not included, primarily because it is not supported by WM5 yet; Bluetooth stereo is, and is used.
    Yuppers it is...my HTC Prophet has it, and I think the Hermes has it as well

EDIT: Can you further discribe this stylus that it has..apparently its different that what has been on the treo thus far
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceptions View Post
    Well to answer my own question it seem as though the 750 will have at least 64MB of RAM. This is the same setup used in all HTC branded devices in which they have 64MB of RAM with about 20MB going to run the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ducker
    Internally, the Treo 750v uses a new thin 1200mAh battery that should provide up to 4.5 hours of talk time, or 2.5 hours of UMTS data. 60 MB of storage memory are accessible to the user, as well as 40 MB of program memory.
    now that the specs are out, how would people compare the unit to the hp 6900 and the htc tytn?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    what's with the 2hours UTMS? what does that really mean? in other words, if one is a goodlink user with data being pushed/pulled all the time, would it run out of batteries in 2hours?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast