Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 141
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Excellent! You must post your initial thought!
    Seconded!
  2. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Yes, please do! Did they give you a delivery date?
    You must have missed my edited post earlier. I hope to have it on the October 2 launch date.

    The email from Vodafone says:
    Thank you for pre-ordering the new Palm Treo from Vodafone. We are pleased to confirm that your order has been processed and we are currently awaiting stock of the device to dispatch the goods to you.

    The device is scheduled for launch on Monday 2nd October, and we aim to deliver your order on this date.
    My trusty Treo 600 is already up on eBay!
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    You must have missed my edited post earlier.
    Oops! Not sure how I managed that! Sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I hope to have it on the October 2 launch date.
    Good news!

    I'm so tempted. Sure the data costs are ridiculous but at least Voda have good 3G coverage (T-Mobile seems to be a fair bit behind). Btw, who are you with currently that has higher data costs? 3?
  4. hduty's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #124  
    Excluding Wifi is a huge miss in a highend phone released in '06. And 3G is no alternative with Vodafone's data plans, they don't even have an unlimited data plan here in Spain, meaning that you'll better be prepared to spend serious cash if you wish to surf from your 750v. Which is precisely why I have discarded the 750v and moved on. I'll probably even change carriers, as a protest to Vodafone's greedy policy....
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
  5. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I hope to have it on the October 2 launch date.
    It was all going too well...

    Vodafone have messed up my order! If you order online you have no option to port your existing mobile number to the new contract. So, they cancelled my online pre-order, and now won't take a telephone order until October 3rd! It also probably means that I don't get my 'free' bluetooth headset.

    I have never dealt with Vodafone before, and the experience of the last day doesn't bode well for the future. My former carrier Virgin (who piggyback on the T-Mobile network) have always been amazingly efficient and friendly. They gave me my PAC code (to leave their network) within 5 minutes!
  6. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Excellent! You must post your initial thought!
    Sorry, after a weekend of thinking about it, I've decided not to order the 750v from Vodafone. The reasons?
    • My already poor experience of Vodafone customer service
    • High cost and difficult to understand data plans
    • Realisation that the Treo 750v doesn't offer enough features

    That last point was the hardest decision to make. I've been using Palms for many years now, but it's time to move on. The 750v abandons the UI I know and love, and if I'm having a device with WM, there are lots of other options. Yes, I could wait for a Treo 680 or even an unlocked 700p, but they offer little more over the 650 than a cosmetic upgrade. And yes, the biggest factor was WiFi.

    My final decision? An HTC Tytn in the guise of an Orange M3100.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Sorry, after a weekend of thinking about it, I've decided not to order the 750v from Vodafone. The reasons?
    • My already poor experience of Vodafone customer service
    • High cost and difficult to understand data plans
    • Realisation that the Treo 750v doesn't offer enough features

    That last point was the hardest decision to make. I've been using Palms for many years now, but it's time to move on. The 750v abandons the UI I know and love, and if I'm having a device with WM, there are lots of other options. Yes, I could wait for a Treo 680 or even an unlocked 700p, but they offer little more over the 650 than a cosmetic upgrade. And yes, the biggest factor was WiFi.

    My final decision? An HTC Tytn in the guise of an Orange M3100.
    ouch!!! now who is going to provide us with the pictures and intial impressions from europe when they get their 750???
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. rockky's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #128  
    As your aware unlocked Vodaphones (750's) are available now.
    My question is
    I understand they are not 3G/hsdpa ready out of the box...........
    Is this something Cingular could help provision me for......and would I be compromising function in any way buying one of these vs waiting for Cingular's release.
    Thanks
  9. #129  
    Are they officially or unofficially unlocked? Didn't they say they couldn't offer an unlocked because it would circumvent the exclusive agreement?

    And that's too bad Stig.
    The misleading price alone was a big turn off for me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Are they officially or unofficially unlocked? Didn't they say they couldn't offer an unlocked because it would circumvent the exclusive agreement?

    And that's too bad Stig.
    The misleading price alone was a big turn off for me.
    voda can offer it unlocked because the company will still see the revenues from the sales, with or without contract.
  11. #131  
    Really? Where? I haven't been able to find any.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    As your aware unlocked Vodaphones (750's) are available now.
    My question is
    I understand they are not 3G/hsdpa ready out of the box...........
    Is this something Cingular could help provision me for......and would I be compromising function in any way buying one of these vs waiting for Cingular's release.
    Thanks
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  12. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And that's too bad Stig.
    The misleading price alone was a big turn off for me.
    It may be a little late, but I finally got in contact with a Vodafone rep who was willing to offer a sensible deal on data rates and the 750v for free! If anyone wants the details PM me for her email address.
  13. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #133  
    That's understandable... I'm not convinced about the 750 either, mainly because of the lack of WiFi too... I'll make up my mind when it's released officially unlocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Sorry, after a weekend of thinking about it, I've decided not to order the 750v from Vodafone. The reasons?
    • My already poor experience of Vodafone customer service
    • High cost and difficult to understand data plans
    • Realisation that the Treo 750v doesn't offer enough features
    That last point was the hardest decision to make. I've been using Palms for many years now, but it's time to move on. The 750v abandons the UI I know and love, and if I'm having a device with WM, there are lots of other options. Yes, I could wait for a Treo 680 or even an unlocked 700p, but they offer little more over the 650 than a cosmetic upgrade. And yes, the biggest factor was WiFi.

    My final decision? An HTC Tytn in the guise of an Orange M3100.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    It may be a little late, but I finally got in contact with a Vodafone rep who was willing to offer a sensible deal on data rates and the 750v for free! If anyone wants the details PM me for her email address.
    Sounds great! I've sent you a PM.
  15. Stig's Avatar
    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    #135  
    OK, I've sent you those details.

    I don't know if the rep was just hyping it, but she said there had been huge interest in the 750v, and she had a feeling they would run out of handsets quite quickly. The reps are not allowed to take any orders until after the launch. This seems a bit weird as you can pre-order online for a new contract.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    OK, I've sent you those details.
    Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I don't know if the rep was just hyping it, but she said there had been huge interest in the 750v, and she had a feeling they would run out of handsets quite quickly.
    Between them Palm and Vodafone do seem to have created a bit of a buzz.
  17. #137  
    So it's almost the big day, Oct. 2!!

    Who's excited?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So it's almost the big day, Oct. 2!!

    Who's excited?
    not yet, I want the Cingular announcement.

    I'm gonna visit the Chicago Cingular stores tomorrow and see what they say, but I doubt they know more than we do
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    not yet, I want the Cingular announcement.

    I'm gonna visit the Chicago Cingular stores tomorrow and see what they say, but I doubt they know more than we do
    at the cingular store i am sure the sales associates will be ready to sell you a new 650
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  20. eugarps's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So much for truth in advertising.

    So the phone really is that much, with no built-in wifi.
    Phone-Diva,

    Agreed re: WiFi. Are the operators/carriers so paranoid that we'll be using Skype instead of their voice services and WiFi instaed of their data services? That's one reason why I bought an iPAQ 6945 to use while I wait for a suitable Treo to replace my aging 650.
    Best,

    Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions