Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    There is a nice Vodafone Flash-based sales presentation here:
    http://palm.breezecentral.com/treo75...lestrainingie/

Am I the only person here who is actually in the UK and thinking of ordering one?
    I keep thinking about it and then I think about data charges and stop. Then someone posts some temptingly lovely video and I have to start all over again Perhaps I'll buy it just to look at
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    I keep thinking about it and then I think about data charges and stop.
    I'm trying to haggle with a Vodafone sales rep at the moment. The online claim of "From Free to 127.66" seems to be a bit fat lie too, as they try to charge you 250 ($470) including tax if you go for a lower cost monthly plan!
    So much for truth in advertising.

So the phone really is that much, with no built-in wifi.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    OK, I've just been through all the Vodafone UK monthly plans, and if you add it up you will pay a total of 500 ($941) in the first year of your contract. That excludes any charges for data btw!

So what's the true incentive to buy the 750v? You can keep your exisiting smartphone, unless you're really sick of it or want to spend extra money. Maybe new VF customers get the big discounts?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    OK, I've just been through all the Vodafone UK monthly plans, and if you add it up you will pay a total of 500 ($941) in the first year of your contract.
    Lowest I worked out was 424.95 that's based on the Businesstime 200 tariff and taking out a 2 year contract. Your going to pay around that with any smartphone and I'm sure the unlocked versions will cost more than that anyway.
    That's a big difference from what they first posted, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

So what's the true incentive to buy the 750v? You can keep your exisiting smartphone, unless you're really sick of it or want to spend extra money. Maybe new VF customers get the big discounts?
    Bear in mind the figure that Stig quotes includes (in variable proportions) two different types of cost: 1) a contract with monthly payments that give you a certain amount of talk time and a certain number of text messages and 2) upfront cost of the device. If you kept your existing phone you'd still be making the monthly payments because that's the cheapest way of getting talk time and SMSs. If you make lots of calls and so need a contract that gives you plenty of call time, the upfront cost of the 750v is 0.
    Unless I read him wrong, I'm getting that the low price they posted before is now suddenly "unavailable".

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    The price Vodafone should have quoted was "From Free to 212.77 + tax" rather than "From Free to 127.66". They are now showing that price here. They are also throwing in a Motorola H500 bluetooth headset at the moment.

You also have to add their 'Business email' service at 12.77/month, and those scary data costs.

Despite my moaning, I'm still tempted. What other deals might we expect to see in 3 months time though?
    People here are posting over 400. Did they still not post all the true prices?

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    People here are posting over 400. Did they still not post all the true prices?
    The 400+ isn't just for the phone, we're working out what it would cost for the first year i.e. the phone plus what you would pay for 12 months on whichever contract. The contract cost would of course be the same regardless of what phone you got.
    The price Vodafone should have quoted was "From Free to 212.77 + tax" rather than "From Free to 127.66". They are now showing that price here. They are also throwing in a Motorola H500 bluetooth headset at the moment.

You also have to add their 'Business email' service at 12.77/month, and those scary data costs.

Despite my moaning, I'm still tempted. What other deals might we expect to see in 3 months time though?
    The 212.77 amount is a typo....if you click thourgh to the order page, the highest price shown is 127.66.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    The 212.77 amount is a typo....if you click thourgh to the order page, the highest price shown is 127.66.
    No, you're wrong. If you select a low Anytime plan the handset price goes up to 212.77 + tax.

You always end up paying nearly 500 in the first year so they can recover the costs of the Treo.
    Rome, look here. At the lowest tariff with the shortest period, its 212.

Surur
    So 400+ is the phone AND the contract? Well that's not too bad, I thought it was 400+ for the phone alone.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    You always end up paying nearly 500 in the first year so they can recover the costs of the Treo.
    But that would be the case if you bought a 1605 (rebranded TynTN), SE P990i, iPaq hw6910, etc. The exception to this is the Nokia E61 which appears to be free with all tariffs.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I took the plunge and pre-ordered one today!

I figured out that 212 ($400) + tax wasn't too bad a price. Believe it or not, Vodafone are actually cheaper than my current carrier for data anyway!

Thank you for pre-ordering the new Palm Treo from Vodafone. We are pleased to confirm that your order has been processed and we are currently awaiting stock of the device to despatch the goods to you.

The device is scheduled for launch on Monday 2nd October, and we aim to deliver your order on this date.
    Last edited by Stig; 09/21/2006 at 07:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I took the plunge and pre-ordered one today!

I figured out that 212 ($400) + tax wasn't too bad a price. Believe it or not, Vodafone are actually cheaper than my current carrier for data anyway!
    Excellent! You must post your initial thought!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Excellent! You must post your initial thought!
    Yes, please do! Did they give you a delivery date?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast