Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Many of those include wifi though.
    True but Wi-Fi coverage is pretty limited when your out and about.
    Less hotspots in Europe?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    As far as the UK is concerned it's Ok in the main cities like London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc. but not very good elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    You also have to pay at some places too
    You have to pay here too sometimes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    So Wi-Fi isn't the nirvana some people make out then
    It is for me, I don't like being tied to my carrier alone for data. I can get free, T-Mobile or SBC wifi around here. Boingo is also around here. My choice.

Hey Phone Diva, whatcha using now? I've seen your avatar show the E61 and the N70. Or was it the N80? Ever go Blackberry?
    Both the E70 and the E61. I haven't had that big of a problem with the OS like others have. I never used BB because I keep getting reminded that I need to sign up for BB retrieval of some type.

The ShinyShiny 1 minute interview was from someone who went to the Vodafone UK launch and she is saying that Vodafone said it was a 3 month exclusive. So possibly Xmas 2006 for the rest of us.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    So Wi-Fi isn't the nirvana some people make out then
    but i think as time goes by, wi fi spots will become more common. so if you have a device which already has it like the tytn, you will be benefittted
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    If I get a umts 750v with the cingular's unlimited data package how much is really going to effect the end user because of it's speed? I have the enfora wifi sled and hooked up to my home network and the speed is obvisouly faster. I feel the wifi is a little over rated. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    If you want to get all your data through one carrier and be subject to whatever they feel like doing, yes. If you want choice of data connection, no.

Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    As far as the UK is concerned it's Ok in the main cities like London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc. but not very good elsewhere.
    It's rather good in Norwich (where I live):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5297884.stm

I expect we'll see many more projects like this in the near future. It would be nice to have a phone that could use them, wouldn't it
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    It's rather good in Norwich (where I live):
    Maybe Palm can release a special Norwich version called the 750vn which has built in Wi-Fi
    or perhaps HTC or Nokia or HP or Fujitsu-Siemens or Sony-Ericsson will make a Wifi phone first. Oh yeah, they already did. Bye bye Palm. It's been a nice seven years, but all things come to an end. Try to keep up in the future.
    Gotta nod my head in agreement. Palm's excuses for no wifi are lame when other manufacturers have no problems. They need to let the buyer decide if they want to use wifi, instead of deciding for us.

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    or perhaps HTC or Nokia or HP or Fujitsu-Siemens or Sony-Ericsson will make a Wifi phone first. Oh yeah, they already did. Bye bye Palm. It's been a nice seven years, but all things come to an end. Try to keep up in the future.
    It sure feels like this... After being a loyal Palm user since 1998, the evil empire is seducing me with Multi-tasking/Exchange/WiFi/Skype etc.

The core Palm company lost its innovation years ago when the founders moved onto Handspring. And Sony really innovated and created excitement with their Clie line. But with Sony bailing, and with poor decisions like Palm selling off its OS only for the old heads to return to pick up the pieces, Palm has almost been left standing still while the empire has been refining its OS at the same time as battery and other technologies improve to make its OS a practical and superior (Choke) choice. However, although the triumphant evolution of the Treo (hardware) has necessitated Palm's partnering with the empire, I believe that with the recent announcement of the PDN, and with the original innovators at the helm, Palm is learning from its mistakes and will, in the coming years, develop a credible alternative, albeit likely to be too little too late as many Palm loyalists join the... [EDIT:I can't say it too many times too quickly].. because that's the position Palm has created for itself... from leader to alternative...

PS
    Sorry to rant... I think its some sort of personal therapy before I move onto my next unlocked GSM which looks likely to be... well you know what I mean...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I miss wifi, at the library looking up info at 3 times the speed of 1XRT, at school, at home running around cleaning the house streaming internet radio and at my favorite chinese restaurant checking to see what you chuckleheads are talking about

No EV here in PoDunk Missouri
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    If Wi-Fi is so important then why don't people just buy a Wi-Fi card for their 700w/wx/750v
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast