Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    I would move to this phone, if it came to the US, but is there any hope of that?

I would rather do POS, but that looks less and less likely.

Now I'm really thinking of getting two devices. a regular phone and ipodish device.
    curious...does this mean that you don't really need a treo or simply want a more dedicated mp3/video player and a smaller phone? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    curious...does this mean that you don't really need a treo or simply want a more dedicated mp3/video player and a smaller phone? thanks!

if I had my druthers, I would want to stay with one device. I only use the video part while on the train, so I dont need hd quality video.

i was looking at the mda, but I dont want the sliding kb. I dont do a lot of texting, but do a lot of emailing.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    For some reason I think I remember reading somewhere that voda was going to have a 6mo exclusive like verizon had w/ the 700w.
    Just call me Berd.
    6 month exclusive?!! Great Momma Flapjacks! We won't see these babies here in the States for quite a while.
    I'd like to thank Palm for shorting us once again! They give us the WX, but deprive us of the other cool model under their belts that US GSM users could benefit from. Although I can somewhat understand why they launched it the way they did in Europe, the 650 is now kinda old and as GSM users have lots of choices, they are losing Cingular and T-Mobile customers. Of course, maybe they don't care.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm real curious about the exclusivity as well. Given Vodaphone and Cingular/T-Mobile don't directly compete for the same customers, is there hope the exclusivity applies only to Vodaphone in Europe?

Couldn't they remain locked to Cingular/T-Mobile during Vodaphone's exclusivity period? I'd settle for that instead of waiting 6 more months.
    And it has Bb Connect!
    http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...ml#bbcinternet
    This is my dream device! a WM5 Treo that can work on my BB data plan.
    I'm really interested in finding out how the bluetooth is on the 750? I have the 700w, and can't get any headset to work on it without static. I know treo is known to have low powered chips in their phones.
    Anyone got any info?
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    6 month exclusive?!! Great Momma Flapjacks! We won't see these babies here in the States for quite a while.
    if they have an exclusive of 6 months, palm will def lose alot of customers here in the States. how can the US gsm customer be ignored that long??? cdma customers get the 700 and we are still tinkering with the 650??? if that is the case palm can stick the 750 up their *** and i will go for a htc unit
    Last edited by Thunder God; 09/12/2006 at 11:31 PM.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    You sound as pissed off as I feel!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sheesh, one would think all the 650s were just declared unfit for use the way some of you are griping. No US release YET folks. Calm down and pick up the Treo rumor phone for a bit, WE ALWAYS GET NEW TREOS IN NOVEMBER AND PALM HAS NO REASON TO CHANGE THAT, NOT EVEN FOR TCers.

You folks are pushing your anger at the wrong group. You are not Palm's customers for Treos, carriers are. And since they pay, they get what they pay for.

If you want a better Treo, call up a couple thousand of your friends (i.e; pic up every unique visitor from every Treo focused site in the world) and come up with the finances for Palm to produce and market to YOU exactly what you want. And if it doesn't smell like profit to them, Palm wont make it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    US GSM people are getting left out, plain and simple! The 650 is older, 700+ versions are out and we get nothing!!

I said I seem to remember reading somewhere.
    (seem/remember/somewhere)

I could be way off.
    I tried finding it again, so let's hope I mis-read.

I'm sorry if I got the blood hot.

I myself am very anxious for anything.

But I'm pretty sure I'm going WM this next time, I'm dehydrated from all my panting waiting for palm.
    Just call me Berd.
    Possible new GSM Treos in November, but no real guarantee? By that time I may have the phones I need and they won't be Palms! I need to replace phones for several lines and due to Palm's slowness with GSM, 2 have been replaced with other models. And it's possible 3 will be replaced by this weekend.

Other carriers will soon launch the Treo 750v on their markets, but Vodafone will have EU exclusivity for some time. This also means that no unlocked Treo 750vs will be available until the exclusivity is over, as they could be imported back into the EU.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/906-1.htm

Its only EU exclusivity. It should be in USA soon.

Surur
    Diva, I'd hate to be on your bad side

New Treos in the US in Nov just as usual is most likely (and no I havent heard anything, yet else I wouldnt be able to say as I'd be NDAed). Whether they will be worth upgrading to from a 650 is anyone's guess, but I do agree that it has been a terribly long wait for GSM Treo users. Unfortunately, we do not contribute as much to Palm's bottom line when the language is Treo, carriers do. And those that pay first/most, get first/most (fyi, Sprint was a major funder of the 300, 600 and 650 models, hence they got them all remember).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Response to Surur: meaning they can appear locked on US carriers. I'll pass for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Diva, I'd hate to be on your bad side

New Treos in the US in Nov just as usual is most likely (and no I havent heard anything, yet else I wouldnt be able to say as I'd be NDAed). Whether they will be worth upgrading to from a 650 is anyone's guess, but I do agree that it has been a terribly long wait for GSM Treo users. Unfortunately, we do not contribute as much to Palm's bottom line when the language is Treo, carriers do. And those that pay first/most, get first/most (fyi, Sprint was a major funder of the 300, 600 and 650 models, hence they got them all remember).
    Yet they fell all over themselves to please European GSM customers.
    If they can take that big of a business gamble with almost unknown customers, that's not really a good excuse for them to use. There's no real guarantee that Europeans won't see this Treo as just another smartphone in their huge line-up they have access to already. Yet in this country where we NEED more GSM smartphones because we usually only get 2 types(3 if you count BB) for each carrier, Palm just "forgot" about us.

Meaning it will be locked to Cingular. In the past this would have been a big deal to me, but not as much anymore. T-Mobile (who I've had for years) gave up on the Treo and won't have high-speed data for a very very long time. That leaves only Cingular in the U.S. and as long as they sell the 750 I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Response to Surur: meaning they can appear locked on US carriers. I'll pass for now.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    One reason, it's a toss up to get them to unlock for travel. They may or may not do it, and more likely NOT. They once told me to just go on Google and see who can unlock phones in the area. But they could do it if they wanted to. Another thing, the price they charge is sometimes as much(or almost as much) as the unlocked version. I don't know how they get away with that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast