Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a one-button press voice/memo recorder? On my Treo 700w I can get to Notes with one-button and start a new note with another button, but there's no way (that I know of) to start a voice recording without using the stylus... I really need to be able to record a memo in my car with just one-button press... or at least just using one hand.

Thanks.
    Check out VoiceMinder from WebIS - superb application. You configure it just once with a From and To email address (they can be the same, i.e. from yourself to yourself) - then assign it to a hardware button. From then on, one button press starts recording, second button press stops recording and emails you a .wav file of your voice note.

Really nice app - more details on it at:

http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...da-ambassador/

http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...eminder&dir=wm
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks... I think I'll wait for a release version, but it sounds even better than what I was looking for.
    You're welcome, and glad it sounds good. Believe the RC3 version posted in August is considered final for Pocket PC Phone Edition devices, and they're just still working on the Smartphone edition. And it's been solid and performs great on an 8125 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chasim View Post
    Thanks... I think I'll wait for a release version, but it sounds even better than what I was looking for.
    Release version is now up at the WebIS site - 1.0 dated 9/18 - and the app still rocks ...
    It really is an amazing program--so so simple. And a great price too.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Absolutely - on both counts! Kind of a nice story on how it came about too. Jason Dunn of PocketPCThoughts (and other Thoughts sites) suggested it to WebIS's founder in a sort of casual, braindump kind of conversation - and off they went and produced it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It really is an amazing program--so so simple. And a great price too.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I tried it out but it took hours for the message to arrive...if at all. Not very good installation/setup instructions on WebIS website either. Uninstalled.
    Sorry to hear that. It has worked flawlessly for me, and for many others I've spoken to - sorry your experience was not good ...

Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I tried it out but it took hours for the message to arrive...if at all. Not very good installation/setup instructions on WebIS website either. Uninstalled.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I tried the app and it is very nice, but my audio files all seem to sound very sped up like the chipmunks....sometimes it is had to make out the audio....
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w