Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Smaller Battery - talk time is listed as the same as the 700w.
    No Wifi - I agree here, especially in Europe, this will hurt Palm
    No SD card - uses MiniSD instead
    No POS - Good.
    No US - hopefully unlocked, but I doubt it. Vodafone paid a lot for this thing.
    Perry, where are you? [This is such a disappointing day that not even Perry can find anything to crow about.]
    Last edited by whmurray; 09/12/2006 at 11:37 AM.
    How many months since the announcement of the 700 and we are no closer to an upgrade for the 650/GSM user than we were then. Perry, where are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    How many months since the announcement of the 700 and we are no closer to an upgrade for the 650/GSM user than we were then. Perry, where are you?
    I think it probably has something to do with the Palm OS not being able to do UMTS on GSM networks. If not for that, why bother upgrading?
    I think it probably has something to do with the Palm OS not being able to do UMTS on GSM networks. If not for that, why bother upgrading?
    It clearly has something to do with Cingular. They seem happy with the Sidekick. Perry, Perry. Where are you?
    It clearly has something to do with Cingular. They seem happy with the Sidekick. Perry, Perry. Where are you?
    Then you must mean tmobile.
    Then you must mean tmobile.
    Right. Cingular does not even have SK. On the other hand, Cingular does offer UMTS on PCs in a few markets; T-mo does not.

Perry, where are you?
    Perry, if I recall, was a Sprint customer, hence GSM didn't matter to him. Anyway, Perry has left the building. RIP Perry. (He's not dead, I think he's just inhabiting another parallel web universe. Too bad.)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Perry, where are you?
    Perry hasn't posted here in ages and I don't think the announcement of the 750v is going to bring him back
    Interestingly, the device supports Blackberry connect, and Vodafone has an unlimited Blackberry data plan for about £60. This may be one (not very affordable) way of getting unlimited data on Vodafone.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Interestingly, the device supports Blackberry connect, and Vodafone has an unlimited Blackberry data plan for about £60. This may be one (not very affordable) way of getting unlimited data on Vodafone.

Surur
    wow, I missed that...very interesting. I cant tell if the client comes with the unit, or if its a seperate download.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Perry hasn't posted here in ages and I don't think the announcement of the 750v is going to bring him back
    No wonder we have a problem; Perry has forsaken us.
    wow, I missed that...very interesting. I cant tell if the client comes with the unit, or if its a seperate download.
    Looks like a separate download.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Do you have a link for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Do you have a link for this?
    http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...ect/index.html

Surur
    [QUOTE=mobileman;1083550]Smaller Battery - talk time is listed as the same as the 700w.

snip
    QUOTE]

GSM uses less power than CDMA. So they are using that to gain an EDGE (mind the pun).

Question is whether it is at all possible to cram the bigger battery in. How much smaller can it be? Certainly there will be bigger aftermarket batteries.
    [QUOTE=SamT;1083826]
    Smaller Battery - talk time is listed as the same as the 700w.

snip
    QUOTE]

GSM uses less power than CDMA. So they are using that to gain an EDGE (mind the pun).

Question is whether it is at all possible to cram the bigger battery in. How much smaller can it be? Certainly there will be bigger aftermarket batteries.
    Where does it say that the battery is removable/replaceable?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=whmurray;1083908]
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    Where does it say that the battery is removable/replaceable?

Right on this page under Product Specifications in the Battery section: http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/treo750v/specs.html
    Jeff
    Thanks. What I was really after was the unlimited stuff from Vodafone. All I can find on the Vodafone site is this:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...tent_Id=AZ_023

*Includes 6MB fair usage policy Ė we donít think youíll use more, but if you do, it will cost £2 per MB.
    Seems to be for email only. I'm sure I'm missing something!
    *Includes 6MB fair usage policy – we don’t think you’ll use more, but if you do, it will cost £2 per MB.
    Hahahahahahahahaha... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Just what I'd expect from a company that is Verizon's parent company. Here's our fancy new 3G network. But we think you won't exceed 6 MB/month and will charge you over $3/MB if you do Downloaded a 10MB podcast by mistake? That'll be $12, and we won't tell you about it until you continue to mess up and see a $600 charge for data on your next bill. You can't make this stuff up.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Thanks. What I was really after was the unlimited stuff from Vodafone. All I can find on the Vodafone site is this:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...tent_Id=AZ_023

Seems to be for email only. I'm sure I'm missing something!
    That was verbal from customer service. They probably did not know what they are talking about. Thank god for T-Mobile!

Surur
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast