Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sprint treo 700wx using slingplayer

http://www.gadgetnfo.com/2006/09/10/...h-low-singnal/

The orb player just does not work better than this
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Isn't that Malatesta's video???
    Yea, I'm pretty sure it is...whoever posted that on the website "forgot" to give credit where it was due...
    lol, yeah that's happened too at Solsie's Blog, where they posted it and said that "MobileWhack" posted it. When you go to "MobileWhack"'s site, you don't ever see the post.
    http://solsie.com/?p=799

bah.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    BTW, I broke in... I ordered my Slingbox from amazon.com last night. Saved $40 and I get it on time to get the free Mobile player!
    Its worthy of the purchse. Very worthy.
    I did this as well and registered my Slingbox already, but after 72 hours have yet to receive a registration code. If you did this, did you receive the code right away or did you waut a while?

Thanks.

By the way, for what it is worth, this IS the app to set Palm away from Windows Mobile, and I have both.
    To use slingbox which phone is better( resolution and battery) 6700 or 700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    I did this as well and registered my Slingbox already, but after 72 hours have yet to receive a registration code. If you did this, did you receive the code right away or did you waut a while?

Thanks.

By the way, for what it is worth, this IS the app to set Palm away from Windows Mobile, and I have both.
    I registered about 2 weeks ago. No code yet.

I'll certainly email them before the 16th, JIK.

lghitis: 6700 gives you a bigger picture (as well as Landscape)

700wx has by default a larger battery and slower processor so better battery life.

My experience has been that Slingbox has performed and looked better on my 700wx compared to my 6700. Just my experience.

Resolution wise, the 6700 should be better, but I imagine the 700wx has better battery life since its battery is 1800 mAh while the 6700's is only 1350 mAh.
    Thanks. I am about to change my 6700 for the treo700wx. I hope i don't get dissapointed. I like the landscape format and the resolution is not bad. The battery does not last long. I wonder if the software for slingbox will be the same that I use for the 6700?
    Multitasking is the same for the treo700wx as is for the 6700?
    Will I be able to get calls while using the internet?
    Skype works ok with treo700wx?
    Thanks.
    I love my wx. Wouldn't trade it in for anything out there right now. But the 6700 BLOWWWWS the 700wx away with slingbox. And it is not even close. On sports games, you can read that little scoreboard in the corner at all times, when the 700 gets high action going through it, the little scoreboard gets fuzzy.

The 700wx doesn't look bad, and I think its very good; but the rectangle screen looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I love my wx. Wouldn't trade it in for anything out there right now. But the 6700 BLOWWWWS the 700wx away with slingbox. And it is not even close. On sports games, you can read that little scoreboard in the corner at all times, when the 700 gets high action going through it, the little scoreboard gets fuzzy.

The 700wx doesn't look bad, and I think its very good; but the rectangle screen looks awesome.
    The rectangle in the 6700 or in thr treo700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    On sports games, you can read that little scoreboard in the corner at all times, when the 700 gets high action going through it, the little scoreboard gets fuzzy.
    I assume you adjust for "High action" under settings for sports, right?

I wonder if the software for slingbox will be the same that I use for the 6700?
    Multitasking is the same for the treo700wx as is for the 6700?
    Will I be able to get calls while using the internet?
    Skype works ok with treo700wx?
    Same software.
    Same mulitasking--actually, you have more program memory on the 700wx, so slightly better.
    You can get calls while on the internet. It's actually an adjustable setting.
    Skype works.

Nearly all problems related to getting regcodes are related to spam filters---be careful.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    Nearly all problems related to getting regcodes are related to spam filters---be careful.

Todd/Indy
    good tip, although I've been checking the junk folder everyday.

17.    #17  
    The ppc6700 has a better screen size, but the battery life sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I assume you adjust for "High action" under settings for sports, right?
    Absolutely. I can see it sometimes, but not MOST times like I did with the rectangles.

And yes, lghitis, the rectangle was a 6700/i730. 700w is the square.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I registered about 2 weeks ago. No code yet.

I'll certainly email them before the 16th, JIK.

lghitis: 6700 gives you a bigger picture (as well as Landscape)

700wx has by default a larger battery and slower processor so better battery life.

My experience has been that Slingbox has performed and looked better on my 700wx compared to my 6700. Just my experience.

No code here as well they told me that I would get it in a bit and that as long as I registered prior to the deadline I'd get it.

I'm fairly sure they are just waiting for the beta software to go final before they send them out. Total speculation on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    No code here as well they told me that I would get it in a bit and that as long as I registered prior to the deadline I'd get it.

I'm fairly sure they are just waiting for the beta software to go final before they send them out. Total speculation on my part.
    Good to know. I emailed them last night JIK to see what they say...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast