1.    #1  
    Other than the mega pixels what are some of the other differences between the 650's and the 700's camera. Also, is there another camera software for the 700w as I am not to fond of the one it comes with. Could I possibly use the camera software off an HP pda such as the RX3417 or if the 6700 has a different software?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Other than the mega pixels what are some of the other differences between the 650's and the 700's camera. Also, is there another camera software for the 700w as I am not to fond of the one it comes with. Could I possibly use the camera software off an HP pda such as the RX3417 or if the 6700 has a different software?
    The 700 series camera is pure junk compared to the 650 series. The camera is dull and flat... and does not allow light in at all. It reminds me of the horrible 600 series camera...
  3.    #3  
    really? So the increased megapixels didn't help at all? And how does it compare to the 600?
    it seems like they used the lenses from the 600 for the 700, megapixels only allows more pixels for the picture (thus causing a larger file size) but if the lense isn't good you won't get a good picture. It could be a 7 megapixel camera and it would still suck due to the quality of the parts they used for it.
  5.    #5  
    oh alright. I read the 700p has something called ScanR, now is there anything similar for the 650 or 700w?
  6.    #6  
    bump
    First off, on cameras:

The 650 has one of the BEST VGA (640x480) cameras on the market. That's why the 1.3MP unit in the 700's aren't as large a jump forward.

scanR for whiteboards is available as both a PalmOS and WM5 application at http://www.scanR.com/

However, it won't work with the 650, because the resolution is simply to low to generate meaningful results.

Steve
    Are we talking the 700w or the 700wx camera here?
  9.    #9  
    oh alright thank you.