Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Treo 700wx is awesome, I am finding it to be a better device than my 700p. The thing is I depend on Chatter, it's the best application for Treos, period. I am amazed at how much work Marc puts into Chatter with constant updates, fixes, and features. Chatter has a huge following, I know I swear by it. I know there are available options for Chatter like features for Windows Mobile, but I want Chatter I want Chatter for my 700wx. Anyone else really want it?
    Jimmie Geddes
    In a heartbeat!! I agree that Chatter is the best application for the POS Treos.
    Marc was not interested, despite many people begging him. The problem seems to be a very deep investment in the quirks of POS, which makes chatter mail not very portable. He would mostly have to start over, which would take development time away from chatter mail for PalmOS.

Surur
    Absolutely! ChatterEmail is THE best email app available!
  5.    #5  
    I think Marc would have even more customers if he ported it, it's the only thing keeping me holding on to my 700p. I wish there was something even remotely similar on Windows Mobile.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    The Treo 700wx is awesome, I am finding it to be a better device than my 700p. The thing is I depend on Chatter, it's the best application for Treos, period. I am amazed at how much work Marc puts into Chatter with constant updates, fixes, and features. Chatter has a huge following, I know I swear by it. I know there are available options for Chatter like features for Windows Mobile, but I want Chatter I want Chatter for my 700wx. Anyone else really want it?
    Yes, I think there were entire threads dedicated to begging Marc to develop for WM after the 700w came out. But Marc doesn't have a team behind him AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $he$ $does$ $it$ $all$ $by$ $himself$. $He$ $can$'$t$ $split$ $his$ $efforts$ $among$ $2$ $OSes$. $He$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $be$ $convinced$ $that$ $WM$ $is$ $a$ $better$ $business$ $decision$ $before$ $deciding$ $to$ $abandon$ $his$ $POS$ $followers$.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7.    #7  
    I understand, I've been loyal to the Palm OS,lol. I wish he had a team so he'd be able to make it for both OS'es, oh well just wanted to hear from others if they wanted it as well. I hadn't realized it was covered, my bad.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Marc did mention somewhere else that anything is possible but just "don't ask him to program in Windows". Hopefully he would change his mind and get someone to come up with a Chatter-suite to compete with FlexMail and Pocket Outlook.

WM, whether you like it or not, is growing and being picked up in the enterprise sector. Chatter is the major reason for me to keep my POS Treo. Sooner or later, I may be 'forced' to adopt a WM unit because a couple of POS apps that I rely on daily have stopped releasing updates since 2005 (e.g. CJKOS, the Chinese/Japanese/Korean layer to enable computing in these Asian languages; the lack of update prevents the correct display of certain web-pages in Blazer) while I've already found the equivalent apps sprouting in the WM platform.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    SIgn me up for Chatter. It is what I miss most about my 700p. I am sticking with the 700wx though. Much more stable and better multitasking. No more hiccups while playing music and virtually no more Treo logo's during spontaneous reboots.
  10.    #10  
    I think he'd do very well financially People are moving from Palm OS to Windows Mobile, but I keep seeing so many people ask for a solution to Chatter for Windows Mobile. The ideal situation would be Chatter for Windows Mobile.

Look stranger things have happened. Apple's switch to Intel chips, Palm making devices running Windows Mobile, Chatter can be a possibility At least I can tell myself that
    Jimmie Geddes
    I think Marc would have even more customers if he ported it, it's the only thing keeping me holding on to my 700p. I wish there was something even remotely similar on Windows Mobile.

Have you tried 4smartphone. Im a die hard chatter user who is getting my wx tomorrow. Im very hesitant to leave POS mainly because of chatter. I've heard good things about 4smartphone and was planning on using that as my chatter replacement.
  12.    #12  
    I tried it, but couldn't get it working. I might have to try it again.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    anyone know if there is something similiar to Chatter's OWA Exchange plugin for WM? This is the only way to get my work email on my Treo.
    Yes!!! Too bad he wasn't able to devote time to it. He would definitely have more customers because even Palm is abandoning the POS for WM, and customers are following.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15.    #15  
    Ok, I just used 4smartphone and it's working GREAT. My only question is how to add another email account. I have my .mac setup and it's working just like chatter, it gets pushed to my treo. I have to figure out to add more email accounts.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Without question. I would be first in line for Chatter on WM5...
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 09/11/2006 at 09:33 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Sorry Eric, I started this thread, I'm first. (kidding)
    Jimmie Geddes
    Sorry Eric, I started this thread, I'm first. (kidding)
    Haha. Well according to Marc's past comments, we may be all running around hopelessly trying to find the line!
    I was one of the users begging Mark originally but now that Ive been using WM for the last year,,,,, I really couldn't justify the cost. Before absolutely, VM suxs,,,, but Pocket Outlook isn't bad and from what I understand there are several WM options for push email.
    I'll admit, I was another begger on that thread... It was during the transition from my treo 650 to the ppc-6700. I remember we tried everything from agressive begging to, "why even keep developing for palm? that OS is going to be non-existent", and then came the 700p.. lol

I'll have to say, Marc kept his foot on the ground and made some palm os owners proud, and Palm 650's from jumping ship to the unknown WMobile.

Oh..btw... I paid full price for chatter for my palm 650 and it was worth every penny. That application was rock solid.

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast