1.    #1  
    Looks like they just released a mobile product:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/press..._180420_r.html

I wonder how much memory it takes up and how the phone runs with it. I'm going to try it out sometime this week since they have a free 30 day trial.

http://mobile.mcafee.com

I honestly haven't really been worried about viruses on my 700w. Anyone else?
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I wouldn't try McAfee anything
  3.    #3  
    I'm hesitant too, I haven't run McAfee for years on my PC. I use Avast now. But I have a testing phone I can try it out on.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    You know that Avast do a mobile version too?
    do you really need mobile virus checking? i didnt think mobile devices could even get viruses
    as if this phone needed anything else to slow it down...
  7.    #7  
    I didn't realize Avast had a version too. I'm going to check it out. I doubt that I would run any anti-virus software on my main phone but I'll check out their software on my testing phone just to see how they work.
    There are no known windows mobile viruses at the moment. Why would anybody run anti-virus software on your phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    There are no known windows mobile viruses at the moment. Why would anybody run anti-virus software on your phones?
    So if they get an email on the phone that carries a virus and the fw to a friend, relative or even themselves they wont spread the virus. I guess.
  10.    #10  
    I doubt there is much need for them now but possibly in the future. It is good to know that there is software out there for this though, don't you think?

http://www.google.com/search?q=windo...e=utf8&oe=utf8

I haven't read much yet but seems there has been one with the titles "First Windows Mobile Virus found"
    I wouldn't trust that pice of junk on my pc, let alone my phone.
    They do have Trend Micro for phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    So if they get an email on the phone that carries a virus and the fw to a friend, relative or even themselves they wont spread the virus. I guess.
    Normal Windows XP viruses wont do anything on a windows mobile device. Last I checked, there are only two viruses that can run on windows mobile, and they both are proof of concept, designed by virus software companies.

I wouldnt worry, and I definately wouldnt pay a dime for the software.
  13.    #13  
    But what if I downloaded an email that had a virus attached and then fw that email to someone else who viewed it on a PC. Would it spread the virus to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke View Post
    But what if I downloaded an email that had a virus attached and then fw that email to someone else who viewed it on a PC. Would it spread the virus to them?
    maybe, but I bet the windows mobile virus software wouldnt be able to clean those anyway. It will probably only be looking for WM viruses.
    This is one thing I'm weary of when it comes to WM5. I would never have to worry about this one with POS.