1.    #1  
    Ok guys,
    I have searched all over this site and can't seem to find the exact in structions on how to format a SD card while it is in the expansion slot NOT IN A PC.

Can you help with the instructions?

I keep getting a message that it wants to check my "new" card for media files.

Thanks
    Resco explorer.

Why do you think reformatting the card will fix the problem?

Surur
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Also, I noticed DevState 1.4 installs a "Format" utility in the Settings control panel...

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tate-v1-4.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Resco explorer.

Why do you think reformatting the card will fix the problem?

Surur

Huh?
    What is "Resco explorer"
    resco explorer is the best file management utility available for any platform. find it on handango or at www.resco.net.
    Pocket mechanic also does card formatting and also throws in defragmentation and benchmarking and stuff...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I've asked this question before also. I'm just baffled that a very basic function like formatting the SD card requires you to buy a third party utility.

Why hasn't someone demanded this from Microsoft? I can't believe that this doesn't upset people.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I've asked this question before also. I'm just baffled that a very basic function like formatting the SD card requires you to buy a third party utility.

Why hasn't someone demanded this from Microsoft? I can't believe that this doesn't upset people.
    I cant really think of any time I would want to format my card in my PDA. All my data and backups are on it. Where and how would I copy that info to if I was going to reformat the card?

Of course obviously you are missing the function, but I cant think of any situation where I would be able to use it.

Surur
    When I first put a card in a new device I always format it and then start adding files. I can also see lots of reasons to reformat a card especially if it develops a problem.

Of all the mobile OS and phones I've used only Windows Mobile lacks this. I just can't fathom why you leave off a basic OS task. Palm OS has it. Symbian has it. Every mobile phone I've used that uses some type of card has it. No matter how little you use it I don't see any reason to defend this lack of feature.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680