1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any additional information on what is going to be announced tomorrow? I have read some posts that Cingular / Palm is going to announce some new phones.
    I've read that the 12th was a mistake, that the announcement is going to be on the 27th.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I believe its the 750v announced on the 12th, in store availability two weeks later.

Surur
    That would be nice to get details. But if they are announcing on the 12th, why does the Netherlands site shown a preview coming on the 18th? Doesn't make sense to announce and then not show the details since the basic announcement has already been done.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    There now appears to be some slippage from the 27th to the 2 October.

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Great
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    I also occasionally suffer from some slippage.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    What's official is from the Vodafone website - annoucement on the 12th; Vodafone release date on the 27th; all else is rumor and speculation.
    Without rumor and speculation TC would cease to exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoobie-doo View Post
    What's official is from the Vodafone website - annoucement on the 12th; Vodafone release date on the 27th; all else is rumor and speculation.

Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition
    Touch-screen
    Copy and paste function for added productivity
    Ability to save images and sounds from a website
    Large number of software applications available
    Word
    Excel™ and PowerPoint™ Mobile applications
    Built in ability to search for names/documents
    Built-in spell check
    Launches Oct 2nd
    http://www.vodafonebusinessshop.co.u....2&prodid=2869

Surur
    Vodafone tomorrow and Cingular the 27th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Without rumor and speculation TC would cease to exist.
    Quiet, youse!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    Vodafone tomorrow and Cingular the 27th?

27th of what month and year? Remember we are talking about "moving at a slugs pace" Cingular
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The launch date for Vodafone is the 27th according to this page Guess they need to get their story straight
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    The launch date for Vodafone is the 27th according to this page Guess they need to get their story straight
    It occurs to me to wonder, if its Quadband GSM, whether its tri-band UMTS, which would mean the device could be easily imported from the UK to USA.

Surur
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/09...a_launch_750v/

Palm and Vodafone have launched the Treo 750v, the PDA maker's new 3G Euro-centric smart phone, and pledged to ship the gadget on 2 October in the UK.

The pair had announced the launch back in July, touting the device as a UMTS-connected Windows Mobile 5.0 device. Palm and Vodafone confirmed those details today, but provided little else in the way of specifications. It's got a 240 x 240 display, a MiniSD card slot, a 1.3 megapixel camera and Bluetooth.

As per leaked pictures, the 750v lacks the familiar Treo antenna stub. The phone can do push email and can read and edit Microsoft Office documents courtesy of the host operating system. However, Palm has added call management to Windows Mobile's Today screen - and the ability to do web searches there too.

Vodafone is taking new orders for the 750v immediately - prices range from free to 150 inc. VAT, depending on the airtime package you choose. Existing Vodafone customers will be able to upgrade to the 750v from 2 October, when it will be also available through Vodafone and other retail outlets.

The 750v will ship next month in Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. Other regions will get it by the end of the calendar year, Vodafone said
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

Where ya been?
    A month has gone by since your last post.
    Just call me Berd.
    Nice to be missed.....but no spare time.....tho when I saw the register article, I figured many would wanna read. I have to pop in anyways tpo check on my last prediction .......release of Cingular 7xx within 45 days of September 25th.

My son (10 yrs old) and I had played the Saga of Ryzom MMORPG for a few months a while back and he got into again. So I have been logging on and playing with him in the time I used to spend here on TC .