Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for some strange reason I'm not showing speeds any higher than 256kbs a second, from either 2wire or Dslreports.com/mspeed. Is there something wrong with my device? Because my 700P was never slower than 400kbps.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Wow, where do you live? My 700p's never gone higher than 290kbps. Anyway, I would think you'd get the same (or even faster) speeds on the WX. There is a registry hack somewhere for optimizing network speeds on Windows Mobile. I don't remember if it works on WM5 though.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Im still having the same problem with my EVDO speeds in Jacksonville, FL. In most cases Im not even getting over 145k which is 1x speeds even though Im in an EVDO area.
    I agree. I had the 6700 hit about 800 kbps and the wx only gets about 400 kbps. the p didn't do dslreports verywell with blazer so I'm not going to compare it. I don't understand though why the same wm5.0 os and pie for browser and in the same area I get different speeds. I mean a kbps or two is no big deal but 400 kbps is.
    I think it's a signal issue, I've seen this thing drop to 1X from EvDO several times this past week... definately much more frequent compared to the 700p.
    with one bar of signal inside my building here in austin I got 145kbps on my wx

:dunno:
    Treo 700wx = FTW
    ppc6700 = meh...
    Treo 650 = FTL
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It sucks becuase Im trying to really like the WX due to the additional memory, but when I place my Verizon 700w right next to it the EVDO speeds are double. Not to mention that while I am at work and home with sprint, my signal is quite low so my battery gets chewed up. Right now at work Sprint is at 48% battery and Verizon is at 81%.
    I was having issues with Vision being very fast my first day with the 700wx, I had a speed of 1016 kbit/sec, then the next day I was getting speeds between 100 and 250 kbit/sec. It was frustrating because I really like this Treo, it seems likes it's just Sprint's newtork because over the weekend I was getting 500-800 kbit/sec.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I was having issues with Vision being very fast my first day with the 700wx, I had a speed of 1016 kbit/sec, then the next day I was getting speeds between 100 and 250 kbit/sec. It was frustrating because I really like this Treo, it seems likes it's just Sprint's newtork because over the weekend I was getting 500-800 kbit/sec.

Hey Jimmie... two things, how is your speeds today? I also wanted to talk to you personally... can I IM you through AIM if you're not too busy?

Thanks!

-Darth
    I just ran a 600k download from dsl reports and it came back with 200 kbits/sec. PM me, or email me. I have a big project at work (new backup softare) won't be on AIM during work.

It looks like it's just Sprint's network, because I was having faster speeds yesterday. Earlier this morning I had 550 kbit/sec. I am at work and have an EV-DO signal and 2 bars.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm seeing similar issues. The very first day I had the wx it was as fast or faster than the Verizon 700p I have. But since then it has been at least twice as slow on data. I've tried numerous measuring websites (the best I think is infospeed.verizon.net) and it's alway twice twice as slow, sometimes alot more than twice as slow. Generally I'm getting around 150 kbit/sec even though I have the EVDO indicator on. If I don't see an improvement very soon it's going back.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  12.    #12  
    Yesterday i had my girlfriends 650 and my 700wx and I typed in google.com on both at the same time and clicked go....... and the 650 got there about 3 times as fast as the 700wx. The wx still said locating while I was browsing on the 650......

I'm in Southern California, usually traveling between riverside and ontario. And the 650 spanks me no matter where I am.

So do you guys think it would be a good Idea to call Sprint and ask them whats up with the slow speed? Or just wait it out, Because I recieved my wx as a return kit for the 700p, And honestly Im not sure if I'm gonna keep the wx.

Just ran a dslreports.com/mspeed (600k) on the wx right now and got 129kbit/sec.

edit: on infospeed.verizon.net i got 160kits.....
    Hopefully just a problem with Sprint's network. The fact that everyone said speeds were good the first day means the phone IS capable of good speeds. Hopefully just a bug that need to be worked out or something is up with Sprint's network
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Just ran the 600K test twice and each time got 120 kbps on my Sprint 700p.
  15.    #15  
    Just called sprint. She kept telling me that my home was not in evdo coverage. I told her that on my 700p I was getting speeds that never fell below 400kbits at my home and with this phone i was getting nothing above 150kbits. She then said that I had to call back once I get into another area.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daver42 View Post
    Just ran the 600K test twice and each time got 120 kbps on my Sprint 700p.
    Were you in a EVDO area? If so then maybe it is a EVDO network issue. I hope so because other then the data speed, I love this phone. Just kinda pissed me off that my girls 650 was running circles around me online.
    I got 1095 kbit on the 600K test with 1 bar.

I hope people in this thread aren't getting confused by kilobyte (KB) and kilobit (kb).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    It definately has to do with the area I am in. During lunch time I drove to southside area in JAX and got consistent 600kbs - 750kbs. In the Baymeadows area EVDO stinks right now at 90kbs - 170-kbs.
    Not exactly a lot of distance between southside and Baymeadows either !

I've been noticing some slow down on my 650 too,or at least inconsistences !
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer10 View Post
    It definately has to do with the area I am in. During lunch time I drove to southside area in JAX and got consistent 600kbs - 750kbs. In the Baymeadows area EVDO stinks right now at 90kbs - 170-kbs.
    That's good to hear it's not an equipment issue!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast