Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    hmm, I'm beginning to think its something with my device.....

I'm like consistantly slow no matter what. Is there PIE settings I need to worry about or anything? Weither I'm home or at my girls house, im still slow. And according to sprint, her house is in a EVDO network, and mine is right at the edge of one. Should I try changing devices?
    I just tried to do a speed test at dsl reports and it seems that I need a java plug in. Is that correct? Has anyone else experienced that and can you give me some direction on it? Thanks.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    just found my answer in another thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121101
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Not exactly a lot of distance between southside and Baymeadows either !

I've been noticing some slow down on my 650 too,or at least inconsistences !
    Nope less than 5 miles difference to be exact from where I work to where I was having lunch.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    671 kbit/sec on 600k test with the 700wx.. pretty decent....
    just so you guys know, I don't think its a wx problem. the 6700 forums are all saying that there evdo speeds are down aswell. they are thinking its a sprint thing. not a devive. it may be with the upgrading the rev a thing.
    yeh mines been really slow lately, was getting around 400kbps with my 6700 a few months ago now i get like 150 with my 700wx at my apartment, im thinking its a sprint thing not a device thing.
    51 kbit/sec, now thats bad. I'm in an area that I'd be roaming on with my treo 600 is this why ?
    well other weird part is on sprints tower map in within a mile or 2 of 2 towers and getting an rx of -85 to -90(only 1 bar signal) and slow evdo on my 700wx. I hope it gets better because I love the phone but the slow evdo and low signal strength is not sitting well with me at this moment being so close to towers
  10.    #30  
    I called spring back after I got home and Eventually they said it might be a network issue and they did a support ticket on my account. They said in 24hours I'll get a call and information on if it was fixed or not.
    Yup. I'm noticing slower speeds as well.

Back on Friday when I made the Sling video, I was getting 400kbps+ in a low signal area (my home, which was the case for the 6700 too).

Today, mid-town Manhatten, 5 bars--I occilate between 150kbps and peak (rarely) at 300kbps (streaming on Slingbox).

So something is up with Sprint's Evdo not the phone. Funny too how it seems to happen between Friday night/Saturday for most of us, regardless of geography.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    So something is up with Sprint's Evdo not the phone.
    I sadly disagree.. I rarely had low signal on my 700p and it barely ever switched to 1x.. my thinking is that the signal issues are the phone's fault, unless Sprint decided to go bonkers right at the time I switched ESNs.

Their coverage was never this flaky.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I sadly disagree.. I rarely had low signal on my 700p and it barely ever switched to 1x.. my thinking is that the signal issues are the phone's fault, unless Sprint decided to go bonkers right at the time I switched ESNs.

Their coverage was never this flaky.
    But if you read my post you'll see that even when I know I was in a low signal area (my home, which I've used the 8100, 650, 6700, and 700wx...so I know how sketchy my signal is) I was getting over 400kbps and streaming Slingbox at 30fps.

Now, in the middle of manhatten and while on the LIRR I can barely get over 300kbps (average about 190) on my Sling player while at full signal strength. Just last Thursday I was doing the same thing but with amazing speed. (and I have a dedicated FiOS line so it's not my upload at home).

Someting changed. And FWIW, I find my signal meter/reception to be just as good as all my other phones...no difference for me. Also, I don't see mine switching to 1x...that's no an issue.

The common thread is this: for some of us who bought the phone on the 1st of 2nd and had plenty of time to test it, we WERE getting amazing speeds. Now, over the weekend, something changed and now we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The common thread is this: for some of us who bought the phone on the 1st of 2nd and had plenty of time to test it, we WERE getting amazing speeds. Now, over the weekend, something changed and now we're not.
    Which is funny because I had my 700p over the weekend (great speeds), then got my 700wx on Monday. I thought I made a horrible decision when I tried browsing and using my brand new Slingbox. I hope it's just the network (which would make sense, because a lot of people are having issues).
  15.    #35  
    Well I lined my dads 6700 up against my 700wx and ran a dslreports/mspeed test on them both. The 6700 got 119kbits and the wx got 120kbits. When I had my P like a week ago I ran it against the 6700 and they both never dropped below the 400 range, usually both were in the 700kbit range. Sounds like a network issue to me.

Guys you need to call in so sprint will get working on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by savior View Post
    Well I lined my dads 6700 up against my 700wx and ran a dslreports/mspeed test on them both. The 6700 got 119kbits and the wx got 120kbits. When I had my P like a week ago I ran it against the 6700 and they both never dropped below the 400 range, usually both were in the 700kbit range. Sounds like a network issue to me.

Guys you need to call in so sprint will get working on this.
    Now that's the kind of confirmation I like! Thanks for that post...calling Sprint as we speak.

Ok. I called sprint evdo support this morning. They went through 4 or 5 different ip address changes in my "primary HA" and my "secondary HA" which made no difference. I told them that with my 6700 and my 700p all in the last three months I could get 700 - 900 kbps and with this 700wx I can't get 300 kbps. After about an hour of trying different things he said it looked like it was a recent change in my areas network.

So to prove him wrong I went to the local sprint store and compared with the 700p vs. 700wx using 2wire.com

700p= 600 to 700 kbps

700wx= 35 to 149 kbps

6700 vs. 700wx using dslreports.com/mspeed

6700 = 500 to 680 kbps

700wx 90 to 150 kbps

I used 2wire with the 700p because blazer doesn't do well with dslreports

Conclusion: if they don’t get this fixed within my 30 day trial I will be considering switching back to either the 700p or the 6700. I love the wax and think it may be my favorite phone yet, but I use the internet around 6 hours a day and can’t be slowed down with poor evdo. I know 6 hours a day sounds like a long time, but since I’m a super at my job I can. Actually my boss know I can and says "as long as we can still get a hold of you I don't care what your doing, just don’t leave the job site". Man I love my job.

Cody

Ps: I know some of you claim to have had better speed reports when you first got your phones. I got my phone on 9/1 and within the first hour I did a speed test and didn’t get above like 400 kbps. Yes this might be better than what I’m getting now but no where near my other wm5.0 phone in the same area. I once got over 1100 kbps.
    This problem will be ironed out shortly. If it worked well at the beginning, and there are clear reports that it did, then it's just a matter of tuning the network.
    i dunno i just did mine 2 or 3 timeson dslreports and it went from about 150 a day or 2 ago up to the 350-450 range right now with 1/2 bars of service.
    FYI, my 700p speed just went into the crapper since 3 pm today.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast