Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'll be picking up my 700wx this coming week and want to put it through it's paces as quickly as possible to confirm that it's a worthy replacement for my 650. My number one criterion in testing is quality and consistency of each and every phone call I receive or make.

The second criterion is loading it up with as many apps that mimic what I have on my 650 and that I use day in, day out. Here's a list of what I'll put on the 700wx as soon as I can:
    Sprite backup
    Phone Alarm
    Chronos
    Ringo Pro
    Pocket Music
    HanDbase
    PDANet for WM
    1-Calc
    Battery Pack pro
    Pocket Informant
    PocketPlus
    SplashID and ...
    TomTom (if I have time)

Has anyone else gone through these lengths to test the device, or has see any pitfalls I might be falling into here here? I'm also curious how you tested the device before you were convinced (or not) that this was the device for you.

Thanks.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I asked around because I wanted Battery Pack Pro and have heard nothing but bad things about... I decided against it.
    Stress test...

Everyone is saying wonderful things about the wx and multi-tasking. Can someone test this configuration (my "worst-case" scenario):

FlexMail polling for mail
    Egress updating
    RescoExplorer running a card search
    NetFront with two tabs and one of them downloading.
    GSPlayer running in the background
    TomTom planning a route

I know what would happen to my p if half those things were occurring simultaneously, and it wouldn't be pretty. I just want to get a feel for how the wx would perform under this worst-case stress test.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    How are you going to hop around fast enough to get all of those running at the same time before the earlier ones finish?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    How are you going to hop around fast enough to get all of those running at the same time before the earlier ones finish?

Surur
    I was thinking the same thing as I was typing it. So, to restate, how many of those can be completed simultaneously? Here's a quantitative test for wx owners:

Can you load a large web page (say, espn.com) with NetFront (with nothing running in the background), and record how long it takes from the time you hit go to the time the download is complete.

Then repeat while also downloading another large page, such as cnn.com. Record the time.

Then repeat downloading both pages while also fetching email with FlexMail and playing music in the background.

I'm concerned because multi-tab browsing with NetFront on my 6700 was never very good. Things would slow to a crawl even with no other apps active in the background.
    I'll do a stress-test ony my 700wx later this week (going be be a busy couple of days in the meantime for those of you who've been following the vodaphone announcement stuff). I'll download netfront and flexmail - worth a shot anyway - but don't have access to tomtom6.

Briefly, though: I've never run out of program memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    I'll do a stress-test ony my 700wx later this week (going be be a busy couple of days in the meantime for those of you who've been following the vodaphone announcement stuff). I'll download netfront and flexmail - worth a shot anyway - but don't have access to tomtom6.

Briefly, though: I've never run out of program memory.
    Thanks Septimus. Can't wait to see your results.