Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In regards to the screen, I checked out the 700wx and it feels so constraining to me. As someone else said, it lacks contrast and looks a bit washed out compared to the 700p. I think I can over look this eventually, but my bigger concern is with software app compatability. Not too many software is optimized for 240x240 resolution. At this point, this is the only thing holding me back from making the jump from the 700p to the 700wx, other than the small minor issue of the alarm not going off on WM5 devices. They had this issue since the Compaq Ipaq 3700 series I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Not too many software is optimized for 240x240 resolution.
    Actually, I find this the exact opposite. Show me some major software developers who DON'T support square-aware...they almost all do.

Only some freebie apps by new developers tend to have this issue and they can still be run on teh 700wx (you just get a scroll bar to the right).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually, I find this the exact opposite. Show me some major software developers who DON'T support square-aware...they almost all do.

Only some freebie apps by new developers tend to have this issue and they can still be run on teh 700wx (you just get a scroll bar to the right).
    Astraware does a HORRIBLE job of square aware... HORRIBLE. The games are unplayable. Real bummer for me... At least Sudoku and Cubis are ok. Still, just a major let down, I would have repaid for all of my games for WM. Ah well.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I am still having major battery life issues. I took my wx off the charger this morning at 7:00am. Made 3 1 minute phone calls and put it in my golf bag. Played golf until 6pm in a tournament. Then I tried to use the phone and it had 15% power left. At dinner around 7:30pm the phone would not turn on anymore (dead battery). I have active sync running but only syncing every 30 minutes. I have 2 Imap accounts that sync every 30 minutes also. Other than that nothing else was running. Signal was good all day. What can I do to help this battery life. Any suggestions would be helpful, otherwise I may have to go back to the P.

I also am trying Mocha VNC but don't like that it doesn't use the 5 way to scroll the screen unless I am missing it.

I also haven't found a good email client that will let me receive mail on one account and send on another. Fleximail is just too slow.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    why would you keep the P though...it's just weird.
    For those of you whom have had both... Which plays a wider variety of video formats better? As an at-home web designer (not network admin) and video editor, I have my nephew with me all the time to help out my newly divorced sister. I usually have him playing with my 30gb Video iPod when we leave for errands or etc, but I would like to upgrade my Sanyo MM-5600 (man I loved this phone) to either a WX or p 700 Palm. Which one plays more video styles and has the largest available vewing area (does one do landscape whereas the other does not, or etc.)

I have both macs and pcs at my home office, but use my main G5 mac for email, contacts, calendar & etc. I would prefer to be able to use pdanet for an ocasional and VERY breif web connection for my pc laptop for emergencies. I am also in the process of building a fairly high end Windows Media Center home pc unit and have heard slingbox is great for video in that respects, but I do already have 2x4gb sd cards and streaming my video is not as needed as being able to play as many as possible without me adding more time to my video workload as it is. I love my iPod, but converting movies or video files all the time is a bit of a drag, especially for when I am in a rush and want new stuff for him or I to watch.

Any help is REALLY appreciated. Thanks
    I have just upgraded to the 700wx after 3 months of the 700P and couldn't be happier!!! Here's why:

700P:
    Very frequent resets!
    Tried 3 different BT headsets and they all dropped connection or exhibited poor quality audio
    Very, very sluggish changing apps / reacting
    No multitasking!
    Only use 1 BT device at a time
    No response from Palm regarding ROM update to fix some problems

700WX:
    Windows Mobile 5.0 seems extremely stable! And to me, just as easy to use / same amount of keystrokes as Palm. The Treo device and form factor is what makes WM5 user friendly
    Extremely fast to respond - as soon as I pressed a button or switched apps it responded immediately
    Bluetooth is 100x better than the P! The last headset I kept (Jabra BT500) never disconnects, significantly clearer and louder! Plus, no more semi-duplex issues, more like full duplex audion!
    I CAN FINALLY MULTITASK! What this means to me is that I can use my BT headset and Tomtom Navigator 5 software simeltaniously!
    And yes, you can run 2 BT devices simeltaniously!
    When using Tomtom Navigator 5, from the WM Contacts menu, there is now a choice for "Navigate to" - cool!
    Build quality seems much better. Tighter and built to smaller tolerances.

The 700P was just a nightmare and I'm glad it's behind me.

I don't expect you guys to agree or disagree and I'm not saying my comments are correct for everyone; this is JUST MY OPINION.

Hope this helps anyone in making a decision.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12