Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well, here is an update on my Palm wifi experience. After initially getting it to work as I indicated above it continued to sporadically lock up. I took it back and found the Ambicom card at Compusa. It was $59. Works like a charm so far with the beta drivers mentioned by jdough. I'll be keeping this one. It doesn't stick out quite as far as the palm card. Also, was able to make a call while browsing the net via wifi using bluetooth headset to talk on phone. Very nice multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    found the Ambicom card at Compusa. It was $59. Works like a charm so far with the beta drivers mentioned by jdough. .
    ttoppins,

Thanks for the heads up! I plan to headed to my compusa store today... may I just verify with you that the beta drivers work with WPA and not just WEP?

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  3.    #23  
    I am using WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption, working fine. Options are Open, Shared, WPA and WPA-PSK under authentication and data encryption choices depend obviously on authentication type. There is also a tab for 802.1x IEEE access control with EAP types. It looks very similar or identical to the setup pages for the palm wifi card.
    I am using WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption, working fine. Options are Open, Shared, WPA and WPA-PSK under authentication and data encryption choices depend obviously on authentication type. There is also a tab for 802.1x IEEE access control with EAP types. It looks very similar or identical to the setup pages for the palm wifi card.
    That's great news! Thanks for the report!! I hope it becomes the card of choice for that price, also I hope it's not as power hungry as the other brands, I can't wait to test it out.

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  5.    #25  
    Another note after more testing, range of the ambicom card is great. I have 4 bars of signal about 100 ft from my house with access point in attic behind thermal barrier roofing(basically like foil). I was also picking up my neighbors' access points(two of them).
    Another note after more testing, range of the ambicom card is great. I have 4 bars of signal about 100 ft from my house with access point in attic behind thermal barrier roofing(basically like foil). I was also picking up my neighbors' access points(two of them).
    Good to know! How's the battery life?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #27  
    so far so good. Haven't had a chance to really push it though. Need to do a test with fresh battery using data constantly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12