1.    #1  
    So for those that have gotten the 4 GB SD card to work (with all 4 GB of memory) on the 700wx...did you do anything to it? Or just pop it into the Treo? Is there a special formatting procedure that I can try, as I am only seeing 1 GB...I am hoping that it is a reading error. Looking for help...it is a Patriot card, that I read people have had luck working...HELP. Thanks

Eric
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I purchased a 4GB card from Amazon.com for $62.00 plus shipping (sorry, I don't remember the name, and it isn't written on the SD card), popped it into the treo 700W, and never formatted it. It can be read without a problem with Windows XP, as I transfer large files (movie files, ~700,000 bytes) by plugging the SD card into a USB SD card reader. I have even run the Windows scandisk program on it, without any problems. It formats to ~3916 Megabytes as read by the Treo 700.
  3.    #3  
    Which 700 Treo do you have? Can you find the link to the card on Amazon?

Eric
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    I purchased a 4GB card from Amazon.com for $62.00 plus shipping (sorry, I don't remember the name, and it isn't written on the SD card), popped it into the treo 700W, and never formatted it. It can be read without a problem with Windows XP, as I transfer large files (movie files, ~700,000 bytes) by plugging the SD card into a USB SD card reader. I have even run the Windows scandisk program on it, without any problems. It formats to ~3916 Megabytes as read by the Treo 700.
    link, por favor.
    Mine popped right in. It's an off brand from Fry's that works perfectly; no complaints. Sorry your'e having bad fortune with it.
    Guys,

I have the A-Data 4gb card from newegg.com. Worked fine out of the packaging and in my Treo 700W.

Cheers!
    Skip
    4GB Transcend in 700wx works fine out of pkg.

Todd/Indy
    I'm in for this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183017

Not a bad price. Now I'll be able to put the entire US and Canada on my SD card (iGuidance). Sweet!

Just in case I find myself driving from GA to Canada
  9.    #9  
    Are you sure this one works in the 700wx? I may go for it too.

EricE
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I'm in for this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183017

Not a bad price. Now I'll be able to put the entire US and Canada on my SD card (iGuidance). Sweet!

Just in case I find myself driving from GA to Canada
    I bought this earlier today. The reviews said it works with 700p, hopefully it will work with 700wx as well. We'll find out later this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1843 View Post
    Are you sure this one works in the 700wx? I may go for it too.

EricE
    I don't have any way to know for sure. Other reviews say it is FAT32, which makes me think it will work. Also, one review says their is a small program on the manufacturer's website that will address the issue of it is recognized as 1gb, etc.

From that review:

"Other Thoughts: If you've formatted this in an uncompatible device, and now it sees less than the device size, go to the manufacturer website (ridata dot com) and download the utility to "fix" the size. The utility for the "2gb fix" actually worked for my 4gb device. No need to RMA."
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have the 700W, but unfortunately it looks as though they are currently sold out, but here is a link to the item:

http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Turbo-Speed-Secure-Digital/dp/B000FNEIM8/ref=sr_11_1/102-1214706-6300950?ie=UTF8