1.    #1  
    I did a search and couldn't find any info about it, but find it hard to believe that no one has asked this yet. Feel free to post to another thread if this is simply a duplicate topic.

Has anyone with a WX been able to determine if it has crippled BT?
    What do you mean by crippled? If you mean lack of features, then yes the wx is missing bluetooth dun just like the 700w.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Actually it has DUN
    Other than the much needed memory boost, the Treo 700wx differs (from the 700w) in the following ways:

1) More memory (we just wanted to say that again, it's really important)
    2) DUN (dial up networking)
    3) Microsoft's AKU2 Microsoft Security and Messaging Feature Pack (MSFP) which means Direct Push email when used with Exchange 2003 mail servers and bug fixes
    4) Good Mobile Messaging bundled with the device (though you must pay for the service if you wish to use it)
    Crippled BT is when they only allow certain BT devices (i.e. only BT headsets) and block (or not include) others. And I think I just answered my own question with this same review. I use each of the devices they listed....headset, BT GPS, Thinkoutside KB and mouse, plus BT connection with my laptop:
    Bluetooth

The Treo 700wx has a class 2 Bluetooth 1.2 radio which is the same one used in the 700w and 700p. Like the other Treos, range with Bluetooth headsets doesn't exactly lead the pack and you'll want to stay within 10 to 15 feet of the phone when using a Bluetooth headset. We tested the Treo with Palm's own Treo Bluetooth Headset and the Plantronics Discovery 640, both of which offered good voice quality and volume within a 10 foot range. The Jabra BT250 offered decent range as did the Cardo scala 500.

The Treo 700wx uses Microsoft's no-frills Bluetooth stack which lacks Wizards or any other user-friendly way of walking you through the connection process. Though spartan, it gets the job done and you can use it to pair with any supported device (since there's no wizard listing devices you might connect to, guessing at supported devices and Bluetooth profiles is par for the course). The Treo supports headset, handsfree, serial port (used for GPS) and HID (keyboards and mice) profiles. We tested the Treo with Think Outside's Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard using only the built-in drivers from the OS and it worked fine (advanced features require Think Outside's driver).
    SOURCE: Palm Treo 700wx for Sprint
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 09/10/2006 at 04:48 AM.
    It does not have bluetooth dun. It has dun via IR and USB and only on the PC (not for Macs).

I saw the mobiletechreview and it's wrong. It's typical of the level of "journalism" on the web. A few people are starting to report that with third party software they have been able to get bluetooth working to some extent but the 700wx (just like the 700w) does not provide bluetooth dun. If you look at the Palm pages you will see that they claim only USB dun unlike the pages for the 700p.
    you can use dun via BT with pdanet. Natively it does not have the profile
    Not crippled, but I cant seem to get my old palm treo hedset to work properly with the 700WX.... not matter what I seem to do, however my parrot 3400 works just great! even better than it did with the T650!
    This is true, as I said. Have you tried PDAnet with bluetooth? I tried this morning a program USBmodem and it worked but the speeds seem about 1/2 to 1/3 of the native device speeds.

With a MacBook Pro and a Verizon Treo 700p I'm able to get 380kbit/sec which is about as fast as bluetooth 1.2 can go. I'd like to know if anyone has been able to get anything similar with bluetooth on the 700wx, I've been getting terrible speeds from it.

Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81 View Post
    you can use dun via BT with pdanet. Natively it does not have the profile
  8.    #8  
    Here is some additional confirmation about what was stated above:

Treo 700wx Crippled, Lacking Bluetooth Modem
    Does it have A2DP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Does it have A2DP?
    No. Or actually.. not yet. I say this only because my ppc-6700 did not come with A2DP, but after a Tornado patch, A2DP works because of some of the many talented people on these online forums.

Doing a quick search will give you the answer as well: here

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a