1.    #1  
    I got my 700wx yesterday and love everything about it. My only gripe so far is that the outlook program has been giving me a lot of trouble. I've used many e-mail clients on my PC and im a computer science major so I know all about pop3 and SMTP. For some reason I can't get my e-mail to work right. It seems to hang at the "logging on" part. After about a minute or so it might retrieve my messages, but most of the time it doesn't. I'm trying to connect to my Comcast mail server. In every other mail client i've used, it only takes a few seconds to connect and start retrieving mail. This is the only inconsistant aspect of what is otherwise a VERY SOLID device.

Is anyone else having any problems with POP and Outlook? Any ideas on why its taking so long and apparently timing out occasionally? I'm getting EVDO coverage and Web and windows messenger work great.
  2.    #2  
    After testing it for a while, I see why its not working. After I hit send/recieve, it takes so long at the "logging on..." screen, that the device starts to sleep. At that point it stops trying. It works if I'm actively using the device while its logging on. This still doesnt seem to make sense, as it really shouldn't take that long to log in.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    That's weird because I still get my POP3 e-mail while my device is 'asleep' in my carrying case. I have Pocket Outlook set-up to check my POP3 account every 45 minutes. I have noticed that sometimes it takes some time connecting when I do it manually, but after that it takes a couple of seconds.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I don't seem to notice it when it goes automatically. But manually it takes forever.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing a problem where I cannot send an e-mail via my POP3 ISP account to a valid e-mail. I receive an error that says Invalid Recepients even when I'm replying to a message received from that account.

In case it helps I'm trying to send an e-mail from my Roadrunner POP3 to my mail2web exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    I'm experiencing a problem where I cannot send an e-mail via my POP3 ISP account to a valid e-mail. I receive an error that says Invalid Recepients even when I'm replying to a message received from that account.

In case it helps I'm trying to send an e-mail from my Roadrunner POP3 to my mail2web exchange.
    I am having exact same problem. I recieve email just fine but can not send.
    I am trying to send email from my roadrunner pop3 to my bellsouth dsl pop3 and visa versa just to test the system...but get same error saying Invalid Recepients.

I even tried setting my outgoing server as smtp.sprintpcs.com ...but still no luck. any ideas?
    Just a thought, but perhaps its Roadrunner or any ISP account for that matter. I know that sometimes on my laptop on a wifi network my AT&T/SBC Yahoo account doesn't like me sending via their SMTP server when I'm not in their network. Nor, when I'm on the AT&T network, they don't like me using anyone elses SMTP server (blocked for SPAM purposes). I've had no problems, other than being slow, with using my own webserver's SMTP servers.

Have you tried testing it with a non ISP SMTP server?