Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post

I do miss the smily options in my text messages though.
    Doesn’t really matter because unless the recipient is a Treo user, all the other person sees is :-) insted of
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I STILL miss them.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    What are those little boxes at the top of the title bar in the previous screenshot? They are annoying. They seem to come when you install Pocket Plus. They shouldn't be there, should they?
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    What are those little boxes at the top of the title bar in the previous screenshot? They are annoying. They seem to come when you install Pocket Plus. They shouldn't be there, should they?
    battery meter!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thank you. That clears it up.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    That was driving me crazy. I couldn't remember if they were always there or if I was imagining things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma4Life View Post
    That was driving me crazy. I couldn't remember if they were always there or if I was imagining things.
    Next to the close button, I thought this was one of PocketPlus's great features!

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma4Life View Post
    I never realized just how limited my 700p was until I picked up a 700wx. Everytime I start a task on my 700wx I stare at the screen forgetting that I can still do other stuff while it's processing. Nearly everything on PalmOS has to be done in serial resulting in a LOT of wasted time. Now I can tell outlook to download my latest mail and still read other emails, switch accounts, etc while downloading.

Something that would NEVER happen on a 700p, tabbed browsing! It's like having Firefox on my phone. My 700p barely lets me browse one page at a time.

As a little multitasking test I ran slingplayer (streaming video) and windows media player (mp3) at the same time and they both performed without a single hitch or stutter. On my 700p I can't even switch apps without relentless stuttering from pTunes. Don't even try to actually DO anything while pTunes is playing because it's a complete waste of time.

I'm not trying to bash the 700p, it's just that I like the 700wx THAT much. Moving from PalmOS to Windows Mobile is like moving from Windows 3.0 to Windows XP.
    Welcome...to the real world!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Just stop it!
    you guys are just trying to lure us over to the dark side...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Too late... I am lured once again. This is my story of how I fought the dark side and won... NOW I am returning once again. This is my story... skip it if you don't care. I have a break and some time so I am typing away.

I went from the T300 to the T600... once I found out the T650 upgrade was going to be crap (and delayed like it was 10 times), I went to the PPC6600. I liked that device for a while (almost a year) but wanted an upgrade. WM2003SE phone app stunk! And it was slow at times... so off to the PPC6700... I felt like it too was slow (early adopter who didn't want to stay around for growing pains). I couldn't justify the EVDO upgrade (roll out wasn't even completed when I bought it) and wifi isn't an issue (I just don't need it with a PDA). The keyboard slider thing was junk... backlight on the keys washed it out in the dark (yeech bright white LEDS made it useless), the screen swap is delayed when opening it. It ate battery life like a champ. It lasted less than 7 days with me. So I went back to the 6600 and heard that most of the issues on the T650 were fixed. I picked one up dirt cheap and used that until the T700p came out in Feb. The device is slower than my T650 with the same application installed. EVDO is nice... very nice. But the OS is dying on us... it's clear they can't keep patching it to keep up with what WM5.0 can do. I want to listen to OnA in the background while playing a Sudoku. I want to get a text message while browsing the web and then go RIGHT back to the web without actually feeling like I had to get out of an APP to go find WEB again. I want to feel like my device was made THIS year... not 10 years ago. I am a Palm fanboy too... but when the Palm feels like its working too hard to do simple things it did in the past (plagues of soft resets when on the phone has never happened, the white screen delays up to 15-20 seconds at times) its time to move on. So here I am... waiting today for my T700wx (out for delivery, LUCKY!) that I ordered last week (it was actually on BACKORDER!). Do I feel guilty? No way... do I feel like its going to be evil? Nah... the truth is... I did like WM5.0, it was just too slow. It seems like its been fixed here, and I am looking forward to that. I know I am giving up threaded texts (I hope the add-on app will fix that, I don't see too many people using it though for positive feedback). I know the battery will drain a little more than the Palm (two battery man now with Treo ). These are things I am willing to give up on just to have a stable reliable phone. YMMV... has anyone else left the T700p for the wx? Why? Are you happy?

-Darth
    Darth,

I could go either way. I currently own a 700P. Would you mind posting your impressions of the wx compared to the P after you have received your wx. Very interested in your impressions and comparisons between the two devices.
    I haven't left the 700p for the 700wx, I've decided to keep both. I can't agree with you more. I am a die hard Palm OS fan boy and have flirted with the dark side. I had a ppc-6700 but found it was too slow, battery life wasn't good, and one handed navigation wasn't possible for me. I went back to my 650. I upgraded to the 700p, and loved it. I then tried out the Q, nice device, but EVDO was slower than my 700p, and battery life wasn't good. I returned the Q, and stuck with my 700p. The 700wx had me intrigued, it anyone could make Windows Mobile more Palm like it had to be Palm. It was hard to get, Sprint told me it was already on backorder, but I called retentions and got hookedup and they shipped it to me overnight. I LOVE the 700wx, I use it much more than my 700p. EVDO is much faster on my 700wx, average speeds are between 400-900 kbit/sec, sometimes I get over 1000. My 700p on average gets 200-400 kbit/sec. I am a huge chatter user, but found ther are so many alternative for push email on Windows Mobile. Also there is so much more software for Windows Mobile lately.

The 700wx is the first WIndows Mobile device that does things faster than my Palm, I guess because Palm tweaked it and did a great job with it. It's first and foremost a Treo. I love being able to multitask with no slowdowns. For instance today I was updating my website, while listening to Opie and Anthony on XM, while writing an email, scheduling in agenda fusion, and texting 3 friends, using AOL to instant message, all without slowing down or having to close an app. I also use an ambicom wifi card to use wifi on a Treo, it's AWESOME. This is how mobile devices are supposed to work, and it has VERY, VERY, MUCH to do because Palm did such a great job with Windows Mobile. I couldn't do this on a Windows Mobile device before.

Once Palm releases the threaded SMS app the 700wx will be complete. I can't recommend the 700wx enough. My friends know I never liked Windows Mobile, and when I told them about the 700wx they thought it was a step backwards with a 240 x 240 screen and Windows Mobile. I told them to try it, use the web, and they were blown away by how much faster it is than our 700p's. They also thought the screen was fine, they expected it to look worse than the 650 or 700p, and to be honest I don't even realize it's 240 x 240.

This Palm fan boy can tell you the 700wx is the best Treo to date. I love the Palm OS, and will be excited to see what they do with ALP or their own Linux OS that can finally let Palm users multitask, but for now the 700wx is the one to get. It's no suprise that Sprint has them on backorder

I also use my 700wx with an iMac using Missing Sync.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 09/15/2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I do see how you can do all those tasks....I tried opening Agenda Fusion and I couldn't even navigate thru it....it was so sluggish.

Email? Tried Flexmail 2007....horrible....what other email options? I do see any other than the builtin which doesn't even let you navigate thru folders without pulling out the stylus!

Overall, I don't see how this 700wx is faster with multi tasking when I see the hourglass more than anything. And this is with only 4 programs installed!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I use 4smartphone, works just like chatter. Flexmail I didn't even try. You're right about having to use the stylus to move through folders, but I just use my 5 way to go through my emails accounts by pushing left or right and it cycles through.

I don't know why you see an hourglass with 4 apps installed, there's def something wrong.

I have SPB pocket plus, wisbar, ae button plus, aol, directory assistant, resco file explorer, resco regedit, resco radio, sms threader, sprite backup, wlan sdio, xcpu scalar, multi IE, all om internal memory and don't have slowdowns. I'm not using every app all at once, but I run at least 6 at a time, no hourglasses.

Most of these apps I'm trying out, like all the utilities.
    Jimmie Geddes
    gotta agree with Jimmie here...

I can and do run my Slingbox (while streaming), Verichat, Email (push), Opera, IE , NewsBreak (RSS) and Splashblog all at once with no slowdowns.

I love being on the train, watching TV and during "commerical breaks" switch to Opera or Newsbreak, make a post somewhere, get a new email, post a photo and while listening to when the commerical is over, heading back to my show. All smooth and no hour-glasses.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nice one Darth...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Yesh...multi-tasking is nice.

I still have a T650 and from reading all the posts in this thread, I'm thinking of flirting with the darkside--BUT only when I see a Windows Treo with the Windows Mobile (WM) 6 OS--once it's available and pre-installed on the WM Treos (700w/700wx/future WM Treos). I'm hoping it's soon, cause I don't think I can wait much longer with the latest version of FrankenGarnet, ALP, or any other future Palm/Access OS upgrade.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12