1.    #1  
    I am unable to find the registry key to modify to make that silly "message sent" notification stop popping up. I have a sprint 6700 as well and the key is definitely not located in the same place, nor is it in the same place as the instructions I found for disabling it on a 700wx.

has anyone else found the key that needs to be modified?
    This works on the 6700 and the 700wx. I have personally done it on both.

Getting rid of the Message Sent notification for text messaging:

for those who hates the "Message Sent" notification after sending an SMS, this is the steps to remove the Message Sentbubble notification...this is the STEP by STEP method to do it in case some of you guys dont get it right...

1. First, you will need to download a Registry Editor to help you do it...

a good one will be the freeware PHM Registry Editor
    or for those who got the Resco Explorer, you can use the Registry Editor that comes with it...

2. using the Registry Editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox

3. Next, click on Inbox (make sure the Inbox is highlighted) and select Edit, New Key

4. Name the New Key as "Settings"

5. Click on "Settings" (make sure the Settings is highlighted) and select Edit, New String Value

6. On "Value name:", key in SMSNoSentMsg and in "Value data", key in 1

7. Soft reset your device and test it with one SMS, and you will notice that the SMS Sent bubble is being disabled
    Thanks a lot! Finally I got rid of that silly popup.
    your welcome. that is the most annoying thing about windows mobile
    That, and the fact that when I don't answer a call, the left soft key always says "answer" on it even after the call was ignored over an hour ago and the right soft key gives me a menu option to ignore with a message or just ignore.

Talk about weird.
  6.    #6  
    hmm, it works great but for some reason does not survive a soft reset on mine...
    Treo 700wx = FTW
    ppc6700 = meh...
    Treo 650 = FTL
    wait a few minutes before you soft reset.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    wait a few minutes before you soft reset.
    Right, the registry is only committed every couple of minutes so give it some time.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I remember that the 6700 allowed you to type over 160 characters in a SMS and it would split into multiple SMS's for you.

Is there a hack to enable this on the wx?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I remember that the 6700 allowed you to type over 160 characters in a SMS and it would split into multiple SMS's for you.

Is there a hack to enable this on the wx?
    Good question. That would be quite useful.