1.    #1  
    I have heard in the past that there was a way to sync my 7000wx with my computer at home (Outlook) if I left it on all day. I've done a search, but couldn't find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Have to be connected to a microsoft exchange server OR buy a subscription to 4smartphone.net. I did this and my phone automaticly syncs to my laptop at home everytime I change a contact or calender event. Plus, it "pushes" email to my phone almost instantly. The subscription is WELL worth it!
  3.    #3  
    The problem is that I use Gmail and 4Smartphone can't grab email from a SSL POP3 account. The only way to get it to work would be to have Gmail forward every single email to my 4Smartphone account. Would all of my email messages have "FW" in front of it?

Also, would I be able to send outgoing mail through Gmail (via 4Smartphone)? In other words, I don't want to do that whole "reply-to-email-is-Gmail-but-4Smartphone-is-actually-sending-it-for-you" thing because I want a copy of sent mail in Gmail as well.

This is such a pain in the ****!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    I did this and my phone automaticly syncs to my laptop at home everytime I change a contact or calender event.
    Wait, maybe I'm a little confused about what 4Smartphone does... you said your phone syncs to your laptop? I thought it should be both your laptop and your phone sync to the 4Smartphone Exchange Server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi View Post
    The problem is that I use Gmail and 4Smartphone can't grab email from a SSL POP3 account. The only way to get it to work would be to have Gmail forward every single email to my 4Smartphone account. Would all of my email messages have "FW" in front of it?

Also, would I be able to send outgoing mail through Gmail (via 4Smartphone)? In other words, I don't want to do that whole "reply-to-email-is-Gmail-but-4Smartphone-is-actually-sending-it-for-you" thing because I want a copy of sent mail in Gmail as well.

This is such a pain in the ****!
    If you use Outlook at home, you could set up your exchange account and gmail account there. Have it pop the gmail every x amount of minutes and it would deposit the message in your Exchange inbox. Not a perfect solution, but it would prevent the "FWD" in each message.

I did this for someone who had several pop accounts and one exchange account. This allowed them to access all their mail in one spot.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    If you use Outlook at home, you could set up your exchange account and gmail account there. Have it pop the gmail every x amount of minutes and it would deposit the message in your Exchange inbox. Not a perfect solution, but it would prevent the "FWD" in each message.

I did this for someone who had several pop accounts and one exchange account. This allowed them to access all their mail in one spot.
    Hmm... this sounds like what I want to do. Would it synchronize the subfolders, contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes from my computer onto 4Smartphone's Exchange server? And then I would sync my Treo with that?

Also, I'd have to keep my computer on at home, right?

Thanks for the responses!
  7.    #7  
    Why does 4Smartphone ask for my cell phone provider and cell phone number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi View Post
    Hmm... this sounds like what I want to do. Would it synchronize the subfolders, contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes from my computer onto 4Smartphone's Exchange server? And then I would sync my Treo with that?

Also, I'd have to keep my computer on at home, right?

Thanks for the responses!
    As long as 4smartphone's gives you desktop access with Outlook, then that is correct. If they don't 1and1.com gives you full access for $6.99 month and 1gb space. All of your contacts, tasks, notes, etc from Outlook would be accessible from your Treo.

Your PC at home would be on all the time. Once it downloaded email from your gmail account, it would drop it in your Exchange account. This would then be available to your Treo connected to your exchange account.
  9.    #9  
    Hi Stroths,

I just signed up for 1and1. After I set it up, I was able to get my existing Gmail emails onto the Exchange server with no problem. Then I set up my Treo to sync with the Exchange server without a problem either.

When I sent a test email to my Gmail account, Outlook (on my desktop) received it, but did not sync it onto the Exchange server. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, it's very annoying that every 3-5 minutes a pop up appears on my Treo asking me to enter my PIN! Is there any way to get rid of this?
  10.    #10  
    Nevermind the PIN, I'm a retard. For some reason after I set up Activesync it made me put a lock on my PIN. I simply changed it to prompt if unused in 24 hours.

I'd appreciate help getting my Gmail onto the Exchange server though...

Thanks in advance.
    I did not run into that issue. However, make sure that your Outlook is in "Online" mode. Look to the bottom right hand corner and make sure it states "Connected". If it does not, it would probably have an issue similar to yours.

If that is not the issue, try logging into Outlook Web Access for 1and1 at exchange.1and1.com and see if the email is showing up there. If it is, then its some setting on your Treo.
    When you set up Gmail to forward to you exchange account it will NOT put a FWD on the email. It will look just like it sould if you had opened in the gmail site, It would have the original senders adress in the from address.

I do this with 2 gmail accounts, into my works imap account, that forwards to my Mail2Web exchange account to sync my phone.