1.    #1  
    Just a note.. and this is one of many issues this program has according to the forums on their website....

And this issues others had so I knew how to fix...

Sprite backup 5.1 has a VERY HARD TIME with LARGE files.. like mega megabyte PIM files (I have thousands of entries in calendar etc).

What happens is, weathe rinstalled on the Card or the device, is when it goes to backup, it will NOT properly reset the device. You have to do it yourself... THEN it goes into backup mode but has issues.

On top of all that, when you cancel or after a failure it leaves fpim files with a "c" on the end of the extenstion which are huge...

All of the sudden I was down to under a meg of space!

Then I saw others having the same issue, and deleted these duptes.. that were like pim.volc instead of pim.vol.

Just wanted to warn people with big pims.. I did MULTIPLE installs... it was FINE at first but once I syncd the PIM data that was it!

Obviously it is fine for many others since many use it fine...

After this fiasco, I uninstalled it and went with spb Backup... In my opinion a much bette rprogram (although no way to send the backup file to the PC but there shoudl be other sync programs to do that)....

Spb Backup isnt bloated its so simple... you can backup and restore anything you like... and I tried it.. NO ISSUES at all.... so simple. HIGHLIY reccomend.

be careful when doing ANy restore and you sync with an exchange server.. best is NOT to restore the PIM data and have it redoanload from the exchange server.

Hope this helps..

Mike
    You are absolutely correct. I emailed Sprite Software and asked them why, after I had installed their backup software, there were two HUGE new files in my documents, pim.volc and cemail.volc. They said that that tis where all my contacts, tasks, notes and messages were stored. They don't even know what they are talking about with this issue.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just copy the pim.vol file, rename it to something else (like today's date) and shove it on the SD card. Then after a hard reset just copy it back and rename it to pim.vol again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Just copy the pim.vol file, rename it to something else (like today's date) and shove it on the SD card. Then after a hard reset just copy it back and rename it to pim.vol again.
    because sprite backs up a lot more than simply pim data.
    Quote Originally Posted by geggyta516 View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I emailed Sprite Software and asked them why, after I had installed their backup software, there were two HUGE new files in my documents, pim.volc and cemail.volc. They said that that tis where all my contacts, tasks, notes and messages were stored. They don't even know what they are talking about with this issue.

There will not be Pim.volc or Cemail.volc after you just install the Sprite Backup. You have got Pim.vol file and Cemail.vol file on your device(system files),in which that all your personall data is stored(including contacts, tasks etc). That .Volc file only happens during the backup process, Sprite will ceate a copy of .vol file from your device as .Volc file for Compress reason because the it is not possible to compress the system file directly.

Those .volc file will be automatically deleted when the backup operation is finished. However, some .volc file may still exists if there is an inproper backup. So, if you manually delete these files, then everything will be alright.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    freemans-

Just found this thread after I lost a lot of storage space. The culprit was some "c" files from an apparently bad Sprite backup. I deleted them and now is back to normal.

Thanks!