1.    #1  
    Ok, I installed the latest version of opera, registered... installed macromedia flash 7.0 for PPC and when I try to watch say a film on atom films.com it brings me to the page that says: you need macromedia flash to view.. Anyone know if it IS possible to watch flash movies from atom films.com? I know that the film I am trying to watch only requires MMF 7.0 which is what I have installed.
    Make sure you installed the flash player to the "device" and try watching it with PIE first. Opera mobile may not recognize the player is installed.

I know some sites can be viewed, others cannot. But I'm not sure why. Pocket PC's have had that problem for a while now
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Make sure you installed the flash player to the "device" and try watching it with PIE first. Opera mobile may not recognize the player is installed.

I know some sites can be viewed, others cannot. But I'm not sure why. Pocket PC's have had that problem for a while now
    Also, you may want to give SmartFlash a try--download the flash file and play it in this program. It's free and works well, generally.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was messing around earlier, and I appeared to get CLOSE to getting a YouTube (.FLV) video working on my Treo 700wx. I went to the following site:

http://www.keepvid.com

From there, you can paste in a YouTube video address, so I went ahead and did that. It lets you save the YouTube file as a .FLV video file on your hard drive. I assume you could do this directly from the Treo in Pocket IE and save the file, but I went ahead and did it on my computer and copied the .FLV file over to the Treo.

After a little searching, it appears that Mplayer and VLC both support .FLV files, so I went ahead and installed the latest build (Feb. '06) of VLC to my Treo.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-wince.html

Some of the menus and screens look a bit off, but it is a work in progress...anyways, I loaded the .FLV file, and it did in fact load and play - the problem was, there was no video or audio. But I didn't get an error message like WMP and TCPMP did when I tried to open the incompatible .FLV file.

So we're close...maybe someone smarter than me out there can get these files working. And I do have Flash 7 already loaded on my Treo, and I did try to run the .FLV file in SmartFlash, and no dice...
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I installed PIE Plus, Seems to merge itself with IE. I have not yet tried to access java/runtime apps but for some reason, I can't view google without it showing the pda version of google. How do I get it to show the full google page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    Ok, I installed PIE Plus, Seems to merge itself with IE. I have not yet tried to access java/runtime apps but for some reason, I can't view google without it showing the pda version of google. How do I get it to show the full google page?
    The fastest way is to get Tweaks2k2 or regking to do it for you (I think they have free trials, one of them lets you do 3 reg hacks before having to pay)

If you have the guts to do it manually, try this:

Make PIE look like version IE 6.0

- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
    - Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent \
    - Change the default value from "Mozilla/2.0" to "Mozilla/4.0".
    - Change the "Version" value from "MSIE 3.02" to "MSIE 6.0".
    - Change the "Platform" value from "Windows CE" to "Windows NT 5.1".

PS: I really hope we can get youtube to work on the Treo 700! Keep up the good work cking!!!

GL,
    -Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Also, you may want to give SmartFlash a try--download the flash file and play it in this program. It's free and works well, generally.
    Malatesta,are you able to use this in conjunction with macromedia flash player?