Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    yes, i have good things to say as well:

-having owned a 700w, the wx blows the doors off of the 700 in terms of speed. moving from application to application is a breeze. downloading large pages is non-event for the device. running goodlink in the background coupled with i.e., camera, and game is a breeze. the increase in memory is felt and offers a much more enjoyable experience. hec, there really isn't even a need to manage the open programs any longer. for ANY of you users who struggled with the 700w and STILL INSIST on a Treo, this one is for you. there really is that much difference between the two.

-the store in which i bought it was empty. yes, that's right, no other customers but myself. the store is in a very busy part of town (a big city here in Los Angeles County) and in the middle of the retail area. the service reps were helpful but truthfully could use more product/plan training.

-re-read the first point

-form factor: a classic. i am a moto-q owner and i still think the treo is great, i just wish it wasn't so darn heavy as i don't like carrying it around in pant/short pocket. it looks great, perhaps better looking than most other pda devices. i'm somewhat convinced that most people that i see carrying them (here in los angeles/orange county) own them because of their symbol type status, you wouldn't believe the number of "stay at home mommy types" that you see walking around with them. i would bet that most have no idea what the device can really do. it will be interesting to see what the future treos look like.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 09/09/2006 at 12:33 PM.
    I am struggling with the idea of getting the 700wx.... I have the 700p (verizon) now.

I can't be without Chatter and Agendus - I use those two all day long

...plus - other Palm os apps
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    I am struggling with the idea of getting the 700wx.... I have the 700p (verizon) now.

If you look around you will see that there are more options for push mail for the 700wx than just 1. There are good points, and bad points, to each one. You have to ask yourself, if these 2 programs are that valuable, if you really need a new phone? Don't spend all that money on a new phone if you're happy enough with your present one.
    I have a 700w with Verizon and can't wait for them to catch up and get the 700wx. I REALLY would like to have this because my current 700w is getting much slower.
    Somehow, I don't think Verizon will get the 700wx. It wouldn't be worth their time. It would be in their best interests now to focus on Ev-DO Rev A (haven't heard anything about Verizon and Rev A though, only about Sprint) and wait for a Rev A Treo than to get the 700wx and then release a Rev A Treo soon afterwards.
    if vzw gets the 700wx, it'll be like a way of saying that they messed up with the 700w, they'll get sued and will have to give the option for a free upgrade to the wx for all 700w owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    if vzw gets the 700wx, it'll be like a way of saying that they messed up with the 700w, they'll get sued and will have to give the option for a free upgrade to the wx for all 700w owners.
    Why would they get sued?
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Why would they get sued?
    do you live in the same country as I do?

Anyways, it'll be basically the same thing as vzw admitting that they didn't put in enough ram into the 700w.
    do you live in the same country as I do?

Anyways, it'll be basically the same thing as vzw admitting that they didn't put in enough ram into the 700w.
    Yes, Verizon will get sued because Palm chose to put 32mb of RAM on their device and their customers were dumb enough to buy the product. Sounds like something that will fly in court
    Yes, Verizon will get sued because Palm chose to put 32mb of RAM on their device and their customers were dumb enough to buy the product. Sounds like something that will fly in court
    you're underestimating the litigious nature of our country.
    you're underestimating the litigious nature of our country.
    Good point
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    never underestimate the power of the dark side....
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Verizon's Motorola v710. The "full" version of the phone had a perfectly functional bluetooth stack. The "Verizon" version didn't. Verizon didn't bother to mention that their phone had a crippled BT stack, and lost a class action from it. The crippling of the stack was done by Motorola at the request of Verizon. Do you really think that this is much different from the 700w? Palm claims that Verizon requested the limited amount of RAM in the 700w. Perhaps Verizon didn't request the shortage of RAM, but there's no way they didn't know about it.

You'll notice that Verizon these days is VERY careful to disclaim that not all BT profiles are available when showing the details of a BT capable phone. For example:

*The a930 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: headset, handsfree, serial port and dial up networking. It does not support Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles. See Bluetooth for details. Accessories sold separately.

Perhaps the Treo 700w should have something like:

*The 700w is a Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 device that does not support the full amount of RAM suggested by Microsoft for running this operating system. This may limit the number and type of applications which can be used on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post

Agendus is available on the pocket pc it just has a different name, Pocket Informant. The built in email app Outlook is great! It's much faster and easier to use than Chatter. It also auto configures email accounts just like Chatter.

I just switched over from the 700p to the 700wx and I have found virtually every PalmOS app I used is also available for Pocket PC. More surprising is the ppc versions of the same apps are better across the board. I never realized just how limited PalmOS is until I got my 700wx.
    Agendus isn't on PPC, Iambic the makers of Agendus resell Pocket Informant. It's a completely different app.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma4Life View Post
    Agendus is available on the pocket pc it just has a different name, Pocket Informant. The built in email app Outlook is great! It's much faster and easier to use than Chatter. It also auto configures email accounts just like Chatter.

I just switched over from the 700p to the 700wx and I have found virtually every PalmOS app I used is also available for Pocket PC. More surprising is the ppc versions of the same apps are better across the board. I never realized just how limited PalmOS is until I got my 700wx.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_d View Post
    Verizon's Motorola v710. The "full" version of the phone had a perfectly functional bluetooth stack. The "Verizon" version didn't. Verizon didn't bother to mention that their phone had a crippled BT stack, and lost a class action from it. The crippling of the stack was done by Motorola at the request of Verizon. Do you really think that this is much different from the 700w? Palm claims that Verizon requested the limited amount of RAM in the 700w. Perhaps Verizon didn't request the shortage of RAM, but there's no way they didn't know about it.

You'll notice that Verizon these days is VERY careful to disclaim that not all BT profiles are available when showing the details of a BT capable phone. For example:

*The a930 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: headset, handsfree, serial port and dial up networking. It does not support Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles. See Bluetooth for details. Accessories sold separately.

*The 700w is a Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 device that does not support the full amount of RAM suggested by Microsoft for running this operating system. This may limit the number and type of applications which can be used on the device.

Funny... but my refund check (via class action resolution) for my v710 paid for my original 700W from verizon. I now have the 700WX and have converted to Sprint, sold the 700W on eBay. Fool me once.. fool me twice... but not a third time....

Incidentally... I think the original shipments of the Verizon Razr came with OBEX capabilities... then in the next 'version' of the phone it was gone... Same reasons.

Verizon prefers to cripple functionality rather than just tell people its not supported.

Funny... but my refund check (via class action resolution) for my v710 paid for my original 700W from verizon. I now have the 700WX and have converted to Sprint, sold the 700W on eBay. Fool me once.. fool me twice... but not a third time....

Incidentally... I think the original shipments of the Verizon Razr came with OBEX capabilities... then in the next 'version' of the phone it was gone... Same reasons.

Verizon prefers to cripple functionality rather than just tell people its not supported.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Agendus isn't on PPC, Iambic the makers of Agendus resell Pocket Informant. It's a completely different app.
    You're right. I saw it on iambic.com and thought they wrote it.
    I currently own a 700P. However, I have owned 3 win mobile5 devices and used Pocket Informant on them. IMHO Pocket Information is better than Agendus. It is at least worth a look. Don't think you will be disappointed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast