1.    #1  
    Got a new 700wx last week, to compare it to the 700p I currently have. I find the bluetooth turning itself off fairly regularly; often overnight. I have to go and manually turn it back on before my headset will connect again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Nyceis
    I am having the same problem with my plantronic 510. I used it on my 6700 and never had this problem so I know its not the headset. Infact, the 510 is one of the best BT headsets I have ever had.
    my jabra has been connected since I got it 8 days ago. I did do a hard rest once but....
    It even got so bad at one point that I clicked on the Bluetooth icon, enabled Bluetooth, then went to another screen and came back and it was off again. I had to reset my device to get it to stop doing that but I still have the random Bluetooth turning itself off.

I thought surely I would see more posts on this issue.
    You might want to checkout this post entitled "Treo 700wx Bluetooth dropout" on this site. They are having all kinds of Bluetooth problems.
  6.    #6  
    I know - I ended up returning my 700wx. I like the WM5 platform, but I need reliable BT. I need to hit the BT on my headset/carkit and know I can answer the call and not have to fumble with the phone while driving.

Nyceis
    I keep finding my Bluetooth turning itself on. It seems to happen when I cradle it. I am wondering if a PhoneAlarm profile might be responsible. I wish it wouldn't do it because I never use BT and need to maximize my battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard View Post
    It even got so bad at one point that I clicked on the Bluetooth icon, enabled Bluetooth, then went to another screen and came back and it was off again. I had to reset my device to get it to stop doing that but I still have the random Bluetooth turning itself off.

I thought surely I would see more posts on this issue.

I just got my wx 4 days ago, and my Bluetooth turns off by itself too. It happens about 3-4 times a day. It hasn't become a nuisance yet, and I'm hoping it doesn't. Maybe there will be a fix soon?????

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken
  9. CK1
    You know I have been checking alot of things out before I decide if I want the 700p or the WX, and I talked with a few friends of mine who have the 700P and they say their BT works fine. One specifically told me he can't walk to far from it much less move his phone to his right hip if the ear piece is in the left ear.

Does anyone NOT have problems reading this thread? I'm sure the ones who do are commenting, but is this really a huge problem as it appears?
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    You know I have been checking alot of things out before I decide if I want the 700p or the WX, and I talked with a few friends of mine who have the 700P and they say their BT works fine.
    They're full of it.

Maybe it works for them, just like there are plenty of 700wx who's BT works for them but overall BOTH phones have the same radio and BOTH phones have the same complaints. This doesn't take much to prove.

All from the 700P forum:

Drops pairing on Jabra JX10

700p and Bluetooth headsets (disconnection)

Help with Plantronics 640 Outgoing Calls

700p = BT Hell!

Bluetooth turning off?

Will this solve the 700p BT drop off issue?

Bluetooth issues

BT Headset Static

ad nauseum...

You'll see the same themes: disconnects, static, problems with JX-10 and plantronics, etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter