1.    #1  
    Will the 700WX eventually support Revision A?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2 View Post
    Will the 700WX eventually support Revision A?
    Obviously it depends on the chipset: 700p has the Qualcomm MSM6500, same with the 700w, both not upgradeable.

Did they update it in the 700wx to the MSM7500 chipset? I can't find the info on what chipset it has as of now.
    Whether the upcoming Treo 700wx is appropriately future proofed, or whether HTC will be releasing these updated CDMA devices primarily under their own brand remains to be seen
    (source)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    So we just have to wait until someone opens the 700wx? if so are there any brave souls out there?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2 View Post
    So we just have to wait until someone opens the 700wx? if so are there any brave souls out there?
    actually I found the 700ps info from the Sprint development site. alas the 700ws was not listed on there yet.

I would highly highly doubt it will be upgradeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I would highly highly doubt it will be upgradeable.
    I wouldn't completely rule it out.

If you read that "source" from 8/24 I linked above you'll see this tidbit:

Director of Marketing for HTC America. Mr Smith was the usual cagey PRPRPR $spokesperson$, $but$ $did$ $make$ $one$ $statement$ $which$ $I$ $found$ $significant$. $At$ $about$ $15$`$30$&$quot$; $he$ $is$ $asked$ $whether$ $HTC$ $will$ $support$ $EVDO$ $Revision$ $A$. $He$ $then$ $made$ $a$ $very$ $clear$ $statement$ $that$ &$quot$;$a$ $couple$ $of$&$quot$; $upcoming$ $CDMA$ $devices$ $will$ $launch$ $with$ $the$ $Qualcomm$ $MSM7500$ $chipset$. $They$ $would$ $launch$ $with$ $only$ $Rel$ $0$ $capability$, $but$ $will$ $have$ &$quot$;$maintenance$ $upgrades$&$quot$; $to$ $Rev$ $A$.
    So if we can just find out what chipset we have, we'll surely know. These also of coruse could be referring to the Verizon HTC lineup that is coming out between Nov-Dec.

HTC...their phones have wifi, 400mhz processors (some, I know), aku3, bla bla bla.

This is PALM we're talking about...LOL. Forget the other things I mentioned....bluetooth 1.2? Exactly
    Sigh... HTC doesn't design phones, they just build them. So if they are using the chip for CDMA EVDO, than they put them in most of their devices.

Again, they don't design them... just contracted to build them.

So if someone says... HTC just made an awesome device. That isn't exactly all true. Oh, and HTC built your Treo 700(insert letter here).
    ODM= original Design Manufacturer.

The did not design the Treo shape (obviously), Handspring did that, but the Wizard, Breeze, Excalibur etc are purely theirs.

Surur
    I think they do both. Notice that they announce many new designs themselves, under their own brand and code names first. Then it moves to the carriers and the rebranders.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    ODM= original Design Manufacturer.

The did not design the Treo shape (obviously), Handspring did that, but the Wizard, Breeze, Excalibur etc are purely theirs.

Surur
    I stand corrected, I just read an article where they stepped into the designing game just last year... my apologies.
    Bottom line is this: 700p/w use the Qualcomm MSM6500.

The upgradable version (to rev a) is Qualcomm MSM7500, so it is a least possible we could have a newer chipset (and HTC manufactures Treos; Mr. Smith did not say if the devices were their own or what they're contracted to build, so either is plausibe).

So can anyone actually tell us what is in the 700wx as that'd resolve everything?

When PCtechs opens one up....maybe they would share what they see??
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    When PCtechs opens one up....maybe they would share what they see??
    Seems like that's the only choice
    Is there an FCC submittal on file for the 700wx?

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    Is there an FCC submittal on file for the 700wx?

Todd/Indy
    All I can find is the one for the 700w. I don't remember ever hearing of one for the 700wx.

I'll check phones FCC ID later today and search FCC site.

Todd/Indy
    I assume still no info huh?
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    I just looked up all the doco on it, and they reused the FCCID they had for the verizon phone so the internal shots are those of the Verizon model. Im guessing they could do this because the frequency and aplitude did not change between the models. This doesent mean that the new Qualcomm chip was not used. Someone is going to have to crack this baby open to see what they used.

If your curious, the PDF that shows the internal shots related to FCC ID: O8F JIMI, are found:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

UPDATE:
    I Scoured the FCC site for Palm's Grantee code: O8F, and I found photos of the 700P as well as alot of other devices. I did not find a specific Sprint 700WX photo. ALl of the photos I saw had the Qualcomm 6500 chip. Again this does not mean we dont have the 7500 in the wx. Someone braver than me nees to crack this thing open and have a look see.
    Last edited by bit_bucket; 09/14/2006 at 11:23 AM.
    bit_bucket