Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    plain and simple, i gave it a shot. it's been 2 years since i left Sprint and I left them for the same reason I'm leaving them tomorrow: THE COVERAGE SUCKS....ok, that's a bit harsh....it stinks where i live.

yes, that's right. i live in the metropolitan Los Angeles area and they still haven't figured this out. do i have coverage problems with Verizon, no, none whatsoever. i suppose that is why i am satisfied with paying the higher costs. to be roaming in your own home or business office space doesn't work for me, no matter what the cost savings are.

Sprint, get ready for a product return tomorrow, it is obvious to me why your pricing plans are as low as they are. No one will ever be able to convince me that your "lower data/phone costs" are justifiable, not a one. I live in the Los Angeles County, it shouldn't be that hard.

back to my expensive per month VZW motoQ i go!
    Last edited by oalvarez; 09/09/2006 at 10:52 AM.
    I don't know how you deal with WM Smartphone. No touchscreen is horrific, IMO.

Best of luck with Veri$on.
  3.    #3  
    i'll tell you how i deal with it: with a wide smile across my face. why? because i can make calls on it and receive emails/browse internet on it, without being told that i am having to "roam in the area."

next up to test drive? blackberry pearl.

treo? until you change your form factor you are a thing of the past. mark my words. fat, weighty and bulky (even if it does provide a signal) is a thing of the past.
    Okay. I did all of that just fine on my 600, 650, 6700, and now 700wx.

Whatever works for you man. Service is different in every city. I'm sure there are folks in LA that have great service with Sprint. I worked in Thousand Oaks/Oxnard for 9 months years ago, and my 600 performed flawlessley. Spent many weekends in the metro LA area. I'm willing to bet the service has been enhanced since then, but what does it matter anyway?

Glad to hear Verizon suits your needs. Thankfully we live in a world full of choices!

Sucks the Treo didn't work for you. Good luck! Let us know how that email machine works for you!
    I just feel bad that he lives in LA....yeesh.

East Coast!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Here on the East Coast, I have had my wx for about a week and the top of my phone has NEVER said 1x yet. NNEEVVEERR. In myoffice Verizon only had 1x, and my battery life has more than tripled because of this. And I'm not biased, I've been telling everyone for years that "Verizon is more money, but they have better service." Oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

East Coast!
    I'm in the Dallas metroplex area and I get a great signal from Sprint and consistently stay on the EVDO network. In fact, I get a better signal than I did with Cingular on my old 650. I am a happy camper with my 700p, great signal and SERO plan.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I live in the San Fernando Valley, but drive all over LA and southern California for that matter and Sprint's service is great for me. Rarely do I have any dropped calls or go into roaming....not sure where he is that he is having those kinda problems with Sprint.....in fact, the 700wx gets better reception that my 6700 did.
    You know you roam free on Sprint?

Not that it matters if the service area sucks for you then dump it. Who gives a **** really if you return it or not? In some areas Verizon has better service in others its Sprint. Its just the way things work.
    i get GREAT reception all over southern cali with my 700p
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i'll tell you how i deal with it: with a wide smile across my face. why? because i can make calls on it and receive emails/browse internet on it, without being told that i am having to "roam in the area."

next up to test drive? blackberry pearl.

treo? until you change your form factor you are a thing of the past. mark my words. fat, weighty and bulky (even if it does provide a signal) is a thing of the past.

Have fun with your email on the blackberry, that's all it's good for. The browser sucks and there just isn't much else you can do with it besides playing that goofy blocks game. If that's all you want then more power to you. Maybe the WM5 platform is too powerful for you
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You know you roam free on Sprint?

Not that it matters if the service area sucks for you then dump it. Who gives a **** really if you return it or not? In some areas Verizon has better service in others its Sprint. Its just the way things work.
    The big problem is there is no data when you roam.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I just feel bad that he lives in LA....yeesh.
    That, coming from New York?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Maybe he has a metal plate in is head?

Just kidding! Good luck to you! Been with sprint 7 years....not one coverage problem yet. Been every where from Cali to Texas to NY to Florida and even the sticks in Alabama......still could use my sprint phone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    The big problem is there is no data when you roam.
    bingo! and given the hundreds of email transmissions per day, data is most important for me.
  17.    #17  
    pretty funny how many of you are actually taking personal "pot-shots" at me given the fact that Sprint's coverage doesn't work for me where I live. well, i've owned every treo since the 600, i understand the device as well as anyone. what i do feel is bad for those who can't get by owning anything other than a treo as it sure is fun not having to lug one of those things around, especially if you don't have to. i hate unnecessary bulk and weight. email, data, phone, keyboard, that's all i need. one would be a fool not to understand that the industry is moving away from these larger form-factor devices, there are alternatives. it's a great form-factor but why are so many treo owners asking for the next device to be thinner and lighter and without an antenna?

i'm glad i gave the treo another shot, sprint as well. i have never liked my VZ MotoQ more.
    Not sure if you are aware of this, but Sprint can data-roam on Alltel now. It is being rolled out now, starting on the West Coast. You may already be able to roam on Alltell's data roam network.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Not sure if you are aware of this, but Sprint can data-roam on Alltel now. It is being rolled out now, starting on the West Coast. You may already be able to roam on Alltell's data roam network.
    that's good to know!
    Kash76

20.    #20  
    thanks. not sure if one can or not, but all i know is that i don't have data or call interuptions/coverage issues with verizon. as i said, it's why i left 2 years ago and why i am leaving them today. believe me, if my experience were different (clear reception on the phone, the ability to receive data throughout town, un-interupted) i'd be quite content with sprint. in the end, the treo is a great device (and a great "looking" one too) but i like the fact that i can get by without it (moto q). for me, the treo caused me to own a second, slimmer phone, as i didn't like its size/weight in pocket, and that didn't make much sense.

thanks for the roaming info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast