Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    next up to test drive? blackberry pearl.
    After using a blackberry 7100 for awhile I can tell you a few things.

    1.There is absolutely no good 3rd party software for blackberrys.
    2.SureType is awful. Coming from a full qwerty keyboard on the treo will be very difficult for you.
    3. The blackberry OS is terrible.
    4. Better get ready to pay the extra blackberry fees if you want push mail.
  2.    #22  
    thanks, Mobileman. i've owned the blackberries as well, i'm quite familiar with the op system. we have both goodlink and a blackberry server at work, so that portion of it is fee free. i'm not a 3rd party software type. i will agree that SUreType is not the greatest, my wife owns a 7100 and doesn't care much for the keyboard functionality.

    i'm currently a moto-q owner, it works quite nicely for what i need it to do.
  3. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i'm currently a moto-q owner, it works quite nicely for what i need it to do.
    Except that your data costs are sky high!
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    thanks, Mobileman. i've owned the blackberries as well, i'm quite familiar with the op system. we have both goodlink and a blackberry server at work, so that portion of it is fee free. i'm not a 3rd party software type. i will agree that SUreType is not the greatest, my wife owns a 7100 and doesn't care much for the keyboard functionality.

    i'm currently a moto-q owner, it works quite nicely for what i need it to do.
    When I switched to the 7100 I tried to tell myself that I didnt need any 3rd party apps. I thought I just wanted email with some web browsing and sms. Once I got it, I got bored with it in about a week. I switched back to the treo650. Now, Im a windows mobile user and I dont think I could ever switch back.

    I do agree with you though about sprint. I find their coverage to be pretty bad. Did you ever consider cingular? (Even though I think their new data rates are on par with verizon).
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Except that your data costs are sky high!
    at least i can get the data
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    When I switched to the 7100 I tried to tell myself that I didnt need any 3rd party apps. I thought I just wanted email with some web browsing and sms. Once I got it, I got bored with it in about a week. I switched back to the treo650. Now, Im a windows mobile user and I dont think I could ever switch back.

    I do agree with you though about sprint. I find their coverage to be pretty bad. Did you ever consider cingular? (Even though I think their new data rates are on par with verizon).
    again, i've owned them all. i understand the 3rd party software thing, but in truth, i just need the device to access data, allow for emails/non-sliding keyboard, phone, and be with a carrier that offers superior voice/data coverage where i live and travel. i have my laptop for heavy duty work and fun/games.

    my wife's company offers cingular products and she is quite content with their coverage here in los angeles as well.

    thanks again!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    plain and simple, i gave it a shot. it's been 2 years since i left Sprint and I left them for the same reason I'm leaving them tomorrow: THE COVERAGE SUCKS....ok, that's a bit harsh....it stinks where i live.

    yes, that's right. i live in the metropolitan Los Angeles area and they still haven't figured this out. do i have coverage problems with Verizon, no, none whatsoever. i suppose that is why i am satisfied with paying the higher costs. to be roaming in your own home or business office space doesn't work for me, no matter what the cost savings are.

    Sprint, get ready for a product return tomorrow, it is obvious to me why your pricing plans are as low as they are. No one will ever be able to convince me that your "lower data/phone costs" are justifiable, not a one. I live in the Los Angeles County, it shouldn't be that hard.

    back to my expensive per month VZW motoQ i go!
    I have to agree with him, the 700wx gets bad reception. Same location, the 700p usually gives me full bars, but 700wx only gives me 3 bars
  8. #28  
    fwiw. I have the700 p and w on vzw, and know for a fact that the W has a weaker radio than the P. or perhaps picks up a weaker signal. Vzw ended up giving me a free P because of it too, and it works great. the wx could the same problem.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyeosf View Post
    I have to agree with him, the 700wx gets bad reception. Same location, the 700p usually gives me full bars, but 700wx only gives me 3 bars
    Are you just going by the "bars" or actually getting a RSSI?

    No offense but, as been stated for a billion times, bars mean nothing. Only going into the ##debug# menu gives you a real value.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Are you just going by the "bars" or actually getting a RSSI?

    No offense but, as been stated for a billion times, bars mean nothing. Only going into the ##debug# menu gives you a real value.
    I don't know how many times you have to type this for anyone to believe it. Doesn't matter... let them think what they want. It's just annoying thatyou have to repeat yourself to people that think the bars mean something ESPECIALLY from two different OS's.
  11. #31  
    The reception/displayed bars myth can be dismissed when viewing the RSSI values (shows real signal strength). Displayed bars are not a true indicator.

    My 700wx has higher RSSI values than my 6700. (##DEBUG#)

    Just want to clarify what is clearly a misunderstanding regarding bars. It's most likely the OS reporting the signal strength incorrectly.
  12.    #32  
    i don't want to argue this point, BUT, what good are the "bars" if they don't acurately reflect the signal strength? i don't have any "bars" at home nor at my place of work, but i did have "two bars" at my son's soccer game today. so at least we know that the "bars" work.

    what is a good "rssi value"?

    thanks in advance
  13. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i don't want to argue this point, BUT, what good are the "bars" if they don't acurately reflect the signal strength? i don't have any "bars" at home nor at my place of work, but i did have "two bars" at my son's soccer game today. so at least we know that the "bars" work.

    what is a good "rssi value"?

    thanks in advance
    The point is that you can't just compare two bars to two bars between phones. Different OS's or manufacturers may suggest that 30% signal strength qualifies for two bars where another may demand 50%.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  14.    #34  
    i completely understand that point. i also know that my "reception" is that much worse than my vz moto q, at home, and at place of work. how many "bars" do i have at those places on my new treo 700xw? none. so it does offer some relevant information.
  15. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #35  
    Can't argue that. Just explaining for others.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    plain and simple, i gave it a shot. it's been 2 years since i left Sprint and I left them for the same reason I'm leaving them tomorrow: THE COVERAGE SUCKS....ok, that's a bit harsh....it stinks where i live.
    Rats! I left Sprint 4 years ago for the same reason and have been thinking about giving them another shot. I still might but I'm always pleased to hear when people see improvements after returning to Sprint.

    I spend lots of time all over norther Colorado, Texas (Dallas/Ft Worth/Plano & Houston), and Southern California. 4 years ago, Missouri & Minnesota were also places I went frequently.
  17.    #37  
    Beryl! hello friend........i can't understand why the coverage isn't better in our area........bandwith is all i can think of.

    i haven't yet returned the 700wx, giving it a few more days so to speak. i keep telling myself that the $30 saved/month is worth something. the problem there is that the $30 saved is paid by my employer.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions