1.    #1  
    With my 6700, I never really monitored this because my RAM was always low. Now that we have a lot of memory, I continously monitor it to see the usage of programs. Here's what I found:

Holy mackeral. Why, why, why on earth does Windows Media Player use 17 MB of RAM on the 700wx? I was just listening to it, and decided to do a RAM check. I had 28 MB free before opening WMP, after I had 11 MB free!!

I did the same thing on my 6700. Before WMP was open, I was at 28 MB free as well. While playing Windows Media, it dropped to 5 MB (even worse than the 700wx)!

Then I tried TCPMP on the 700wx. Before opening it, I had 28 MB free. With it open and playing a track, it only dropped to 25 MB.

Bottom line, WMP simply chews RAM to the point of choking your device. It's pitiful.

Use TCPMP....for...everything.
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 09/08/2006 at 08:31 PM.
    TCPMP has better sound quality anyway, not to mention an equalizer.
    A quick question about TCPMP if anyone has a second. does TCPMP have the ability to run in the background? the second I start another app, it shuts down/stops playing. is there an incorrect setting I'm using? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve700w View Post
    A quick question about TCPMP if anyone has a second. does TCPMP have the ability to run in the background? the second I start another app, it shuts down/stops playing. is there an incorrect setting I'm using? Thanks!
    Go to Options, Settings, Select Page, Player, and make sure that play music in backgr. is checked (you can do the same for movies). That should fix your issue.