Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My 700wx just came - right out of box screen looks dimmer and washed out next to my current 700p.

Also signal on 700wx is very low jumps into Roaming
    when 700p has 4 bars.

what next.....

anybody else expiriencing same issues ?
    Nope. Did you turn up the brightness at all? I use mine at about 40% and its bright enough to play with in direct sun with no issues.
    I have to agree about the screen. It's much dimmer and has a slight washed-out and yellow appearance compared to my Verizon 700p.

FYI: this is with both screens at full brightness.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    don't agree. screen is fine to me. maybe with the plastic on it, but other then that i'm happy with it 100%
    I was initially disappointed with the wx as well. Coming from a 6700, the screen is tiny. I disabled all but the calendar and search on the home screen, and reduced the system font to one click down from the middle.

Now it's fine. I can see my calendar entries without having to use the stylus to scroll down the screen.

Still getting used to it though...
  6.    #6  
    700p and 700wx with max brightnes on both

Well the bars are nothing more than what the device displays. Can you make and receive calls? Bars don't always mean everything...the signal could still be poor even though the 700p OS shows a million bars.

The best way to determine if there is a true difference is the field test menu, which shows you the db's (true signal strength). The WM os could interepret the data differently than Palm, thus giving you less bars on your display (which psychologically means the signal is lower when it may not be at all).

Just a thought. I have never had a bar (maybe one) in my house. I've owned over 4 Sprint phones. They all work fine (including the wx) with no displayed bars.
    my 700wx screen is as white and bright as my 700p, the 700wx keyboard backlight is brighter than my 700p's though. The only problem I'm having with my 700wx is the drop in internet speed. Yesterday it was as high as 1016kbit/sec and never dropped below 400kbit/sec. Today I the highest I've gotten is 341kbit/sec, but most were between 100 -2oo kbit/sec. I don't expect 1016 kbit/sec speeds, but the decrease is bothering me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I hope people don't panic and return their wx's based on the speed thing. It's most likely a network issue.

Then again, I don't have EVDO anywhere near me, so what do I know? I get lousy speeds all the time.
    The screen is definitely dimmer than my 700p... but it's still a keeper... Missing Sync is allowing me to sync with my iMac and for the first time ever, I can finally access my company's exchange server for true push email.
    What are the colors like? White areas on my 700wx are not as white on my 700p, they are a bit more yellow. Is yours like that?

Quote Originally Posted by dingosatemybaby View Post
    The screen is definitely dimmer than my 700p... but it's still a keeper... Missing Sync is allowing me to sync with my iMac and for the first time ever, I can finally access my company's exchange server for true push email.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I agree that the bars on the WX are misleadingly low. However, do a ##DEBUG# and look the RSSI value. I just tried this with my friends 650 and both on Sprint are equal in value although the "bars" are totally different. On my wx i can watch slingbox video at 400k with 0 bars and all calls are crystal clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by pshifrin View Post
    I agree that the bars on the WX are misleadingly low. However, do a ##DEBUG# and look the RSSI value. I just tried this with my friends 650 and both on Sprint are equal in value although the "bars" are totally different. On my wx i can watch slingbox video at 400k with 0 bars and all calls are crystal clear.
    Exactly my point. Bars mean nothing to me, really. It's more of a consumer-ism than anything (Cingular ads, anyone? )

I suspect if the bars are inaccurate, Microsoft/Palm will include a software fix in the next update.

In my house, the best RSSI I have seen is -88. I stay consistent around -94, all works great!

By the way, I am looking at my 6700 compared to my wx right now. Both in DEBUG mode.

The wx is hovering around -93 and the 6700 is hovering around -98.

That right there tells me the reception is BETTER on the 700wx.
    My signal bars are definately hanging around the low 0-2 bar end on my wx as well.. the screen is definately a yellowish and washed out compared to the 700p (and the even better 650).

I disabled roaming, which I had done on all mine to combat the roaming issues and force it onto Sprint. I'm a little iffy on the device, but I'll continue to test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718 View Post
    700p and 700wx with max brightnes on both

Mine is the same way I am woundering if its my phone
    I have a 700p as well with 4 or 5 bars and the wx has none
    Again, bars don't translate into service. It's probably a software bug. Do a ##DEBUG# from your dial pad. Compare the 700wx to other phones that show tons of bars. If the -xx ratings are similar, there is no reason to worry. Just ignore the bars (as hard as that is to do....)
    Gotta agree with Eric here. Just like DSL Reports isn't the holy-grail of speed tests. At the end of the day, are you able to make/recieve calls? Download data? Is your RSSI w/in expected range?

That's all that matters.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Justed checked my RSSI value against my 700p and they are very close so that must not be a bad thing
    on a different note..
    I also tried to move from my 700P to 700wx.. However I'm returnign the wx tomorrow.

I already geared up to deal with the clunky windows mobile interface but the deal breaker for me was the way windows mobile gets sluggish when you got apps running in the background.
    I struggled to just get through my daily activities.. simple things like running verichat, outlook, ie, media player.. then the phone rings and the phone app is lagged to hell.. try to respond to call waiting, it takes forever to switch over.. On that particular call I switched back after talking to the second person, the Phone app indicated i switched, but i was in fact still talking to the second person(could get embarrasing)..

Anyway.. Had to return it simply because it couldn't get through my daily tasks without pissing me off..

P.S. I did notice drop in my reception, not from looking at the bars, but simple from failing to make a call from my cubicle where I usually make calls from my 700p
    i thought this device might be a saving grace for sprint....wrong! sprint coverage sucks....right here in the dead smack middle of los angeles.

happily returning to pay the evil people at verizon what they are worth.

sprint? you suck.....ok, that is not nice of me.....sprint coverage stinks in my area...want to like it but makes it tough when i can't get data on the fly (phone is constantly roaming).
    Last edited by oalvarez; 09/09/2006 at 11:54 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast