Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oalvarez,

We get your gripe man. Sprint is the worst, Treo is circa 1984, etc. No need to bait every thread with your anger.

Anyhow -

Malatesta, PM (unrelated to this)
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i thought this device might be a saving grace for sprint....wrong! sprint coverage sucks....right here in the dead smack middle of los angeles.

happily returning to pay the evil people at verizon what they are worth.

sprint? you suck.
    Please do not feed the trolls.....
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  3.    #23  
    well.. guys I have to admit that 700wx is not that bad at all. I have less probles with it then I had with my 700p.

I'm starting to fall for my 700wx
    ok, i will admit, i was a bit harsh. sprint does not suck, it's coverage is great. it just stinks where i live in the los angeles county. really too bad, seriously.

clunky device though, new ones are passing it by. everyone read the cbs marketwatch new stories? i'm not the one making this stuff up. it's ok to think outside of the box.
    can anyone speak on any other problems with the phone? resets or anything like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    my 700wx screen is as white and bright as my 700p, the 700wx keyboard backlight is brighter than my 700p's though. The only problem I'm having with my 700wx is the drop in internet speed. Yesterday it was as high as 1016kbit/sec and never dropped below 400kbit/sec. Today I the highest I've gotten is 341kbit/sec, but most were between 100 -2oo kbit/sec. I don't expect 1016 kbit/sec speeds, but the decrease is bothering me.
    I expect data rates to be lower when all those voice users are chatting.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    ok, i will admit, i was a bit harsh. sprint does not suck, it's coverage is great. it just stinks where i live in the los angeles county. really too bad, seriously.........
    Local coverage trumps everything.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Excuse my ignorance, but what could be dictated as a good RSSI Value?
    Unable to sync with desktop.

Getting this message when try to sync with my treo700wx my mic outlook, calendar, contact, etc.
    I get this message:

"ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
    Support code: 85010014."

Any ideas of what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    Unable to sync with desktop.

Getting this message when try to sync with my treo700wx my mic outlook, calendar, contact, etc.
    I get this message:

"ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
    Support code: 85010014."

Any ideas of what to do?
    Uninstall/reinstall
    Google the code
    Search MS for the code
    Search Palm for the code
    Get a 700p
    already geared up to deal with the clunky windows mobile interface but the deal breaker for me was the way windows mobile gets sluggish when you got apps running in the background.
    I always love when people say they are going back to the palm os, because windows mobile multi-tasks slowly. How fast does the palm os run backround apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I always love when people say they are going back to the palm os, because windows mobile multi-tasks slowly. How fast does the palm os run backround apps?
    Well, if that is what you bought it for and you did not get it........
    The problem isn't the speed of the backgroun apps. For the most part, a background app can run grindingly slow and you'll never know it. The problem is the impact background apps have on the speed of FOREGROUND apps.

If multi-tasking means it takes 5 seconds or more for the phone to respond when you try to take a call, that's a serious issue. If the phone doesn't hang up when you think it did, because it's busy on some "background" task, and your boss overhears a comment you make to your companions, that could be a more than serious issue.

Based on the comments above, it sounds like Palm / MS need to do a better job of prioritizing foreground / background processes, with a reduction in priority for most background operations, and a major increase in priority for phone processes.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Well, if that is what you bought it for and you did not get it........
    So your going to return to an OS that doesnt do it at all?
    I don't have a program to measure the speed of background apps, but Chatter and ptunes run fine in the background when I am doing other things. I think the slow multitasking WM5 debate would be a moot point if the processor was a little beefier in the 700wx. I've read posts from users with other WM5 PDA phones that state that theirs multitasks fine due to the faster hardware.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I guess I'm the only who doesn't have this as an issue.

I can flat out say my device doesn't "slow down" at all no matter how much I have running (within reason) including Slingbox while streaming.

At a minimum, I always keep Outlook and IE open, ususally Opera too and maybe my RSS reader.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I don't have a program to measure the speed of background apps, but Chatter and ptunes run fine in the background when I am doing other things. I think the slow multitasking WM5 debate would be a moot point if the processor was a little beefier in the 700wx. I've read posts from users with other WM5 PDA phones that state that theirs multitasks fine due to the faster hardware.
    besides those two apps, and maybe some other email apps, are there any other apps that run in the background on the Palm OS?

Also, I run a bunch of apps on my windows mobile device at the same time, and never have much of a slow down. Maybe its a specific app that some people are having problem with.
    I have never had a device that can run pocketplus without EVER having a slow down of some sort. Refresh rate was never quick with it installed. THIS is all changed now.

The 700wx just does well with multi-tasking and plug-ins. If there is one thing I know how to do... it's how to crash a device. Was I able to do it on the 700wx? YEP! Will I ever work it the way I did to make it crash? NOPE!
    I've already tried two different 700WXs and both had very different screens from each other. One had the ugly yellowish tint and the other had a nice, white screen. Niether had any reception problems though.

Also, the one with the yellowish tint had poor construction quality. The front half of the body didn't match up evenly with the back half so there was a gap on the back of the antenna where it meets the body. There was also a gap around the volume keys on the back-side.
    Anyone else have a unit where the front half of the shell doesn't quite match up with the second half?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast