1.    #1  
    please post your results. I would like to know if its any better than the 700p or 6700. www.dslreports.com/mspeed and www.2wire.com . what are u guys getting?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2 View Post
    please post your results. I would like to know if its any better than the 700p or 6700. www.dslreports.com/mspeed and www.2wire.com . what are u guys getting?

Teriible, I have gotten nothing over 245kb in Jacksonville, FL. on Dslreports.com
    its hard to compare you haveto remember factors like time of day (load on network is higher in daytime) and location (signal). You have to compare it in your own area for it to have any real-life meaning to compare

One person may get say 800kbps at 9pm on the east coast and 300kbps on the west or 800 at 9pm but only 400 at 2pm. There are a lot more factors than asking people their speeds. Also different browsers (palm browser/ IE explorer, opera) all render page differntly and sometimes can slow the connection speed on the browser, kind of a bottleneck effect.

Now saying that, overall owning the 700p,6700 before and now the 700wx, the 700wx FEELS like it loads faster. Its whatever works best for you in your area, my speeds wont affect you where you are and what time of day you connect to go online. This is not cable (hard line) internet like on comcast where its always going about the same speed because theres no towers or load to deal with, there are always toher factors to consider when dealing with wireless anything
    Yesterday I had unbelievable speeds at work. One came in at 1016 kbit/sec, and all throughout the day they didn't go below 400 kbit/sec on a 1mb file. Today hasn't been good at all, 115kbit/sec and the highest I've gotten is 290kbit/sec. I can't understand why yesterday was so much faster. I know speeds are going to fluctuate with time of day, etc. but today was pretty bad.

Last night I got some message that Sprint needed to update my phone's radio or something. It went through some update and then reset my 700wx. I hope the speeds get closer to the 350 -400kbit/sec that my 700p gets. I can't understand how it went from 1016kbit/sec at it's highest to now being between 115 and 290, it's frustrating.
    Jimmie Geddes
    That very intestesting. I haven't gotten any messages about an update but the first night I got over 600 kbit/sec. In the past three days however I can't get over 300 kbit/sec no matter the location or time of day. It's usually between 100 - 220 kbit/sec. My Verizon 700p is blowing it away in data speeds at present.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    That very intestesting. I haven't gotten any messages about an update but the first night I got over 600 kbit/sec. In the past three days however I can't get over 300 kbit/sec no matter the location or time of day. It's usually between 100 - 220 kbit/sec. My Verizon 700p is blowing it away in data speeds at present.
    That's two reports of MUCH slower speeds a few days in????? Is it a PIE cache issue? What does 2wire.com say?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I don't think it's a PIE cache issue because I hard reset my 700wx last night thinking maybe it was something I installed, or a reg edit I did. The highest I've gotten today is 341kbit/sec. I'm starting to thin yesterday was a huge tease,lol. I don't expect speeds of 1016 kbit/sec or 800kbit/sec like I got yesterday, but the difference in web browsing speed is too drastic. I was gloating yesterday how much faster the 700wx browsing is compared to my 700p, but my 700p is faster today.
    Jimmie Geddes
    645 kb/s <- Gainesville, FL (Go Gators!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I don't think it's a PIE cache issue because I hard reset my 700wx last night thinking maybe it was something I installed, or a reg edit I did. The highest I've gotten today is 341kbit/sec. I'm starting to thin yesterday was a huge tease,lol. I don't expect speeds of 1016 kbit/sec or 800kbit/sec like I got yesterday, but the difference in web browsing speed is too drastic. I was gloating yesterday how much faster the 700wx browsing is compared to my 700p, but my 700p is faster today.
    Is this eerily reminiscent of how the p was blazing fast (perhaps not over EVDO but in switching apps) out of the box and then the speed disappeared over time? Keep us updated Jimmie and others. I'm sure a lot of users like me are waiting to see the wx owner's reactions after the "new device gaga" phase is over before we take a 30-day trial.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Is this eerily reminiscent of how the p was blazing fast (perhaps not over EVDO but in switching apps) out of the box and then the speed disappeared over time? Keep us updated Jimmie and others. I'm sure a lot of users like me are waiting to see the wx owner's reactions after the "new device gaga" phase is over before we take a 30-day trial.
    This usually happens to any OS when you start to add and remove things, it start to slow down the OS. I just do a hard reset EVERY month, then Sync only the stuff I used and delete the stuff I don't. Many people think im nutz but it works really good for me the 700P works without any problems. I also reinstall windows every 3-4 months any my computer runs flawless.
    actually, it's more reminiscent of the 700p/DSL reports issues.

I'm also getting worse DSL Report speeds but when I browse on regular sites, it's just as fast if not faster than my 6700. I just checked a bunch of sites and they were instant. I was showing off how fast the web was yesterday when an email came in with 5 picture attachments--all downloaded instantly.

Heck, look at my vid with Slingbox...no way am I actually getting slower speeds (I just looked: I'm streaming at 489KBps steady at 2 bars/poor signal area; DLS Reports was saying 120KBps in the exact same spot...) Dare I say, I find the Sling measurement much, much more meaningful than DSL Reports.

Dunno. Something is up with the way these numbers are being calculated on Palm phones, that's what I think.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12.    #12  
    To test it I actually connect to my FTP server and download a File and both the 6700 and the 700P get around 25-35 KiloBytes about not kilobits per second. and I monitor the speed on my Server not the phone. This gives me a more acurate data transfer speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2 View Post
    To test it I actually connect to my FTP server and download a File and both the 6700 and the 700P get around 25-35 KiloBytes about not kilobits per second. and I monitor the speed on my Server not the phone. This gives me a more acurate data transfer speed.
    see, that's the smart method!

I've always been working under the assumption that the 700p and 6700 were just as fast, but the 700p had issues with DSL reports...and I think this is very true now as your tests show.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter