Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Made a quick vid to show the quality of Sling on the 700wx.

Note that there are only 2 bars of service where I am.

Watch HERE on YouTube

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Nice... now I have to get a slingbox and a wx
    That looks great! I've got to get me a Slingbox!

Couple questions... Was that via PowerVision or WIFI? Can you go full-screen/remove the toolbar?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    That looks great! I've got to get me a Slingbox!

Couple questions... Was that via PowerVision or WIFI? Can you go full-screen/remove the toolbar?
    That's pure EvDO on 2 bars of signal...no wifi (I don't have a card yet!)

I don't think so about the toolbar--it would throw off the resolution anyways...since it's already maxed at it's width, it couldn't get any taller. ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    SlingMedia had indicated they would support fullscreen on the Treo's eventually, but then they started backpeddling on that and the latest sling mobile beta still doesn't support it.
    To support fullscreen mode they would have to do some cropping since TV video isn't square. As you can see the video is pretty good as is. If they do eventually support fullscreen mode it would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Where would i get that slingbox? and how would i make it work on the 700wx?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Go to: http://www.slingmedia.com/us/ for info. Of all the retailers they show, Amazon.com is the one that has it the cheapest ($159.99). If you buy it and regiter by Sep.16 you get the Mobile application for free (usually $29.99).

My question is, after we get the Mobile version for free, what happens to future updates? Are they included with the license or do they need to be purchased?
    Very impressive.....where can you get a Slingbox the cheapest?

EDIT: NM...answered in the post above.
    dang i only have a treo 700w but i still might have to pick up this sling box. that is pretty cool
    Hannip,

On my 6700, I could play video via portrait or landscape. I stream my Dish HD DVR channels, and everything stretches quite nicely. When I play the slingbox in landscape mode, the video stretches to fill the entire screen.

This makes me think it would be very easy to stretch the video for the 700w/wx's screen.

Hopefully they implement this in the final 1.1 version.
    oh so dish does work with it. thats cool
    Thanks to Kash, I was able to test sling last week, and it is awesome. I think its approaching killer app status.
    My friend has one hooked up to his DirecTV box and it works fine. NFL Ticket anywhere.

Note that even my HDTV channels display through my slingbox. The widescreen pictures are displayed with black bars at the top and bottom of the Treo screen, but it displays fine.
    Hannip:

To get rid of the black bars, go to controls (general) and click format. This will change the aspect to 'stretch,' and will fill the screen.
    dang i dont want to go and buy the slingbox. 150 is a lot. so whos going to let me pay them 5 bucks a moth to use theirs
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Hannip:

To get rid of the black bars, go to controls (general) and click format. This will change the aspect to 'stretch,' and will fill the screen.
    Is that a DirecTV setting? I have Comcast. There are settings for the cable box to stretch the screen, but I use passthrough so it looks the best on my HDTV at home. I guess I could hook the slingbox to the back of my TV and use the TV stretch feature when viewing on the mobile player.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    dang i dont want to go and buy the slingbox. 150 is a lot. so whos going to let me pay them 5 bucks a moth to use theirs
    Put it on your credit card and pay it $5 a month
    lol plus intrest right lol. i dont want to be playing for years
    buy it from dell for $163 and they have payment plan for $5 a month
    Ooh, sorry about that. I assumed you had a Dish DVR...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast